All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I know from the bulb list that the interior dome light uses a 43mm festoon bulb. Well i've found an amazon.fr store(for those of you that don't know I live in france) that sells bulbs really cheap, problem is he only sells 39-42mm festoon.

So I was wondering if a 42mm would fit in as it looks like the mounting is rather flexable.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You should be able to bend the metal mounts a little to get it to fit I pit a 32mm in before because that's all I had spare in my car and then I bought this.

^ compared to the 32mm festoon bulb

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now that might be something to look into. I was kinda prying at the dome light cover but it didn't want to come off, kinda sounded like it was glued on there or something. Does the whole cover just pop off the headliner?

was thinking about this one, considering its 10 euro cheaper then the one like you have, and its still alot of leds.

http://www.amazon.fr/Big-Bargain-In..._9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1364838708&sr=1-9

is yours TO bright?

·
Registered
194 Posts
now that might be something to look into. I was kinda prying at the dome light cover but it didn't want to come off, kinda sounded like it was glued on there or something. Does the whole cover just pop off the headliner?

was thinking about this one, considering its 10 euro cheaper then the one like you have, and its still alot of leds.

http://www.amazon.fr/Big-Bargain-In..._9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1364838708&sr=1-9

is yours TO bright?
There are two type of light fittings I think. One there the clear plastic part fits into a plastic surround on the roof and one there it goes straight into the roof lining. The one that goes into the plastic surround will be a little harder to pull out. Try pulling your finger nails on the edge furthest away from the windshield and push forward an pull down a little and it should in clip. My led light was about £4 on eBay which works out about €4.75

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that's it. The latter. Ok cool I was afraid of messing it up lol. So different then the civics sent to the states lol. Never even seen these cars before four months ago.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went ahead and ordered basically the same thing you got Aaron. Comes with adapters for festoon, t10 and one other. Also got a regular 8 led festoon for my glovebox

·
Registered
194 Posts
Went ahead and ordered basically the same thing you got Aaron. Comes with adapters for festoon, t10 and one other. Also got a regular 8 led festoon for my glovebox
Yeah I had 3 adaptors for mine. I didn't even realise there was a light in the glove box. Ill had to check mine as its probably blown because i haven't noticed it. Does it come on when you open the glove box or with the done light when you open the doors or pull the headlight switch out to put the light on without opening the doors.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used double sided tape on mine as the adhesive is on the back of the light so it would be shining up. Here's a pic of mine

And for a better fit when refitting pull the metal surround off and place that on the roof lining first

Clip the longer side in first (3 plastic prongs) then push the opposite side in gently (2 prongs with soft metal clips on you can see in the picture)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I had 3 adaptors for mine. I didn't even realise there was a light in the glove box. Ill had to check mine as its probably blown because i haven't noticed it. Does it come on when you open the glove box or with the done light when you open the doors or pull the headlight switch out to put the light on without opening the doors.
Mine looks as if it turns on only when the glove box is open. There wasn't even a light in it when I pulled it open lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts