All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, first off, I'm new here so Hi :). I own a 2003 Corsa 1.2 SXI in Gold for anyone interested.

Anyway, I'm looking at changing the door speakers in my car and came across this package deal. I was wondering if these speakers will fit, in both distance across and depth, as I haven't been able to get a definate size of the speakers.

For anyone too lazy to click the the link ;) , the speakers in question are 156mm across and 59mm deep, or 56 without cap.

Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes they will fit mate.

However, as they are 6.5" speakers; You will need the speaker adaptor rings though, they only cost £13 from that same website you are looking at :thumbs_up:

looks like your getting a lot for your money there, good find!

·
Registered
197 Posts
HEY! Unfortunatly that product is now discontinued!

Being a lazy git and not wanting to take my car to bits to find the right speaker sizes, does anyone know what they are? front back and tweeter sizes would be really good. In return I will take pictures of the removal/refit of new speakers and post them on here if needed?

And can anyone tell me why all sites with car speakers in blather on about speaker rings? are they necessary?

Oh and I own a 2002 Corsa!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes they are usually neccessary, the original speakers are moulded into the "rings" and when you take them out the ring comes out with them. The adaptor rings give you extra depth and room across to mount new/bigger speakers. Otherwise you'd be mounting the speakers directly to the metal of the door. Obviously if you had 5" door speakers and went to put 6.5" ones in, you would have to drill new holes to screw them into the door, the adaptor rings allow you to fit them without having to make any more holes in the door. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think I understand :confused:

The 'rings' arn't actually 'rings' right?

If i'm right they make the speaker fit into the door trim and away from the window winder mechanism?

You screw them into the door (metal) and then the speaker into them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts