All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how big the standard door (well allround really inc the shelf pods) speakers are in a B model Corsa (5 door), and what is the popular choice as a direct replacement for them ?

Ta Ash

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to keep the door trims looking standard but put a respectable sound system in it. I've got a Bass tube in the boot to wire up (needs a new s[peaker first though :( , but I don't want the car advertising its wares for obvious reasons.

What about the tweeters in the doors also ?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The door panel speakers are about 6.5" but they have a plasticy edge round it, so yeah you could get adaptor rings or make MDF mounts. I made MDF mounts, just as good - you don't see them behind the grill anyway :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would these adapter be for a speaker where you can see the grill, or a direct replacement for the OEM speakers under the original door trim covers (which is what I'm really after)

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
autoleads sell the adaptors that you would need as well. you can get them in two different sizes. 13cm and 17 cm (i think). they don't make the doorcards look any diferent. one place you could fit tweeters is right in front of the door handle on the inside, there's a little grill type part there.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
You know the section where the tweeter slots into, you could mount a tweeter in there & also cut the little grill thingy so the tweeter mounts nicely into the plastic. If you wanted to.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The originals are 6 inches from the edges of the plastic mounting. When you take out the standard door speakers the ring they are mounted to comes out with it as the speaker is attatched directly to it, so you need adaptor rings to mount new speakers on, you can get 6.5 inch adaptor rings that screw directly in. These go behind the door trim so you won't be showing off what speakers you have to thieves :) Replacing the tweeter is easy enough, I think most tweeters will fit where the originals are (behind the small grille in front of the door handle) it's just a case of finding a way to mount them. Bare in mind that if you get a set of components you won't be able to use the standard tweeter wires unless the new tweeters have a capacitor attatched to them. Simple really, if they have a crossover box you won't use the standard tweeter wiring.

Hope I didn't babble too much lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts