All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering..

what size are the speakers in the door and are they easy to replace?

as my brother gave me sony xplod 6 x 9's for my parcel shelf, and i want to get some xplod speakers for the door aswell (as mine are totally crap)
and im buying an xplod stereo too for cheap (£40)

cheers

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I think the size is 15cm. Also why not wire them up to an amp as well, get much better sound.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I dont know how good that system would be or anything, would have to wait till martin can answer that for you.
But even if you just bought an amp to power your speakers and 6x9s it would sound better. Also the amp can go anywhere, normally put in the boot or under front passenger seat though. Long as you have the time to fit it, it isnt to difficult.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can get speaker adaptor rings which will allow you to fit 6.5" speakers in the bottom of your doors. There's the tweeter at the top too but I assume you know that. Replacing the speakers with aftermarket ones will sound better quality wise, and if they are more efficient they will go louder, but wiring them up to an amp will give them more power to go even louder again. As previously said, amps and subs usually are fitted in the boot, I got my amps mounted to the back of the back seat and the sub just in the boot behind the back seat. Doesn't really matter where it's all fitted, the boots just a convenient and out of the way place lol.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
im using the autoleads adaptors with 6.5" vibes and it fits in really well, you can get the adaptors to fit 5.25's to from autoleads which are good cause if you fit some of them right into the door it hits the windows so the rings space them away nicely

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
exactly what i was talking about there really good, my vibes are the black hex coaxials and the speakers massive when i fitted them without the rings i couldnt get the window totally opened :( but its all sorted now

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive used alot of xplod stuff and its been fine, its not a bad make its just at the lower side of the scale as far as sounds go for installs, i use alot of vibe, infinity/alpine stuff but its just cause i get it cheap from my mate, my missis has the same coaxals door speakers as me with 2 vibe amps, one for the 2 twin 12s and one for the vibe 6x9s shes got all vibe except for the trusty headunit thats sony :)

d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts