All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wire my comps up to my amp, so the wires need to be fed into the door, I don't want to connect them up to the ISO connector anymore as I tried once before and I made a bit of a mess of that, also the wires are totally different sizes so it's awkward to connect them, and also again I don't want to have to take my head unit out again, the way some of my wires are routed I'd have to unplug them to get it out lol. Anyway, point is, is it simple enough to use the existing door wiring loom to pass my speaker wires through into the door? (I mean the rubber tube thing in amongst the door hinges.) As far as I have gathered there are connectors on each end with loads of holes, some are used and some are not. I thought surely I could make a bigger hole where there are no wires in the connector and pass my wires through that way? Main thing though is how do I unplug it so I can see the pins? Just pull it off or does it need to be twisted?

·
Registered
447 Posts
right mission this is.. if i were you, just cut into the wires before they go into the door.

1.Function
2.Wire Colour
3.Vauxhall Pin no.

+12V Battery Supply
Red

Ignition Switched Supply
Black

Earth
Brown

Display Illumination
Grey/Green

Speed of Car MPH for speed sensitive volume
Blue/Red

Telephone mute line
Black/yellow

Left Front Speaker
-Brown/Blue
+Blue

Right Front Speaker
-Brown/Yellow
+Yellow

Left Rear Speaker
-Brown/Green
+Green

Right Rear Speaker
-Brown/White
+White

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideally I'd want to leave the standard car wiring as it is, but connecting to the wires behind the head unit (ISO connector) is still an option. I assume it's the same colours for the wires to the speakers on that?

·
Registered
447 Posts
yeah its the same wire throughout.

i guess you could multi meter to find the dead pins (if you get me) im not to how on corsa b electronics.

you just twist the end 1/4 turn and it comes off. was very stiff on mine.

worst case.. drill into the door nd thread the wires through... this is what i did, i didnt trust vxl cables with 175 wrms lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in the connector block there are a number of holes (apparently), some are used for pins to make connections but some are just empty holes. I thought surely I could drill a hole where there are no pins and pass wire directly through the connector block? Just need to know how to unplug it from the door. So you reckon turn then pull?

·
Registered
447 Posts
twist n pull, thats how i did mine mate.

i didnt have any empty holes... central loking, electric windows, speakers, electric mirros etc...

best of having a look i gues before you decided whether to drill or not to drill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts