All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there guys, in desperatre need of some advice considering its the easter bank holiday an cars seem to go wrong at the most .... anyway.
I done a clutch of my brothers corsa c SRI - 2001, an now the N/S drive shaft keeps popping out of the gear box, at first i thought the clip was worn on the shaft an i replaced it, 6/7 hours later the shaft pops out again, i've looked in the diff an cant seem to find any major wear or tear, im completely out of ideas an ppl to run to...
i wud be extremely thankful if some1 cud lighten me on this subject or even point me in the right direction

·
Registered
497 Posts
Is the car lowered? I remember being told by someone that if you lower a Corsa too much something could pop out, seems to make sense that it could be the driveshaft he was on about. I could be totally wrong, but nobody else has thought of anything yet :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there, yeah its lowered, its been lowered for about 2years without any probs...
i've noticed this has amazed colleages at work, an another fitter m8 an his work, im really confused, im not a pro fitter but been in the business for 2/3years never seen anything close, seeing its my brothers car, i obv hav to finish the work:confused: .....i was considering changing for a second hand box, but there still pricey an hes on a tight budget....
thx 4 those who replied, much apprecatied & any suggestions really r welcome as im clueless
thanx all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, to be honest m8, i bloody do, im guessin you've tried using a pry bar? thts never failed me once...
just brought a genuine GM circlip to fit on the drive shaft hope this makes any effect....
again im still open to any suggestions, anything is apprecatied....
Luke

·
Registered
408 Posts
lucky it was the nearside one so it isnt too long, just lifted the car up, dragged the engine under,lower the car, had to unbolt the arb an lower arm to get the shaft from under it to over it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kool....
anyway, put new circlip on drive shaft, held it for about 2 days (5hours driving) an it came out again, theres sounds of knockin which i think is coming from the CV joints, so now going to replace the shaft wiv a re-con, gettin bit sick of this now so hopin this new shaft does the trick, still open to any suggestions, for how long this thread has been here im guessin no one has even a slight clue.... well to anyone who has interest i'll keep ya posted....

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
kool....
anyway, put new circlip on drive shaft, held it for about 2 days (5hours driving) an it came out again, theres sounds of knockin which i think is coming from the CV joints, so now going to replace the shaft wiv a re-con, gettin bit sick of this now so hopin this new shaft does the trick, still open to any suggestions, for how long this thread has been here im guessin no one has even a slight clue.... well to anyone who has interest i'll keep ya posted....
Yeah keep us updated, will be handy for future reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey, looks tho problem solved, its been about a week an the new drive shaft hasnt slipped out, i did notice tht the new drive shaft is about 5mm longer, an a slight different design, so any furture refence to any1, whover has a drive shaft pop out....(only happen to me) change the drive the drive shaft....
thx for ur help, been apprecaited........

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thanks for updating us.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
oh and in future please dont use text talk, glad you got it sorted though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.