All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My c20xe corsa drive shaft (short one) has no split pin hole, well it has but its further up. Drilling it through would be hard and I can't imagine myself drilling straight anyway.

I have been told by someone that I should be good if I bought a big nylon locking nut to go on it and tighten to 120nm?

The hubs are big bock 33 spline ones. If I am not wrong the short shaft is from a astra with a xe fitted inside?

If the nylon locking nut is a good idea then what thread side is the shaft where the castle nut goes on so I can get one ordered?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
First option is to take the shaft to a machine shop and ask them to drill it.

Or see if you can source the type of hub nut that has a rim you punch to lock into a slot in the shaft - OK you haven't got a slot in the shaft but it's easy enough to cut one in with a disc cutter (so long as it's off the car of course.)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Why don't you buy the correct shafts?

Reactions: steve85

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
With big block
I'm not sure I think they're 33 spline..

He has tonnes of spares I don't even know why he fitted big block to start with

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem was I stupidly scrapped both pairs of my standard hubs and I don't think I had the gsi shafts anyway. Have plenty of astra MK 3 shafts that fit in fine. The long one I am using from the V6 package I bought and the short one I don't know where its from tbh lol.

I'm going to ask david dixon whats going on, he will know which shaft I should use and stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts