All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My driver side window (non-electric) jams when it gets about 3/4 of the way down.. Now I know this isn't a full problem because when I cleaned the car the other day before I T-Cut it I was able to wind it down all the way.

Now It's back to being jammed again. Was wondering if anyone knows a common cause for this and whether there's a quick fix way of repairing the issue without taking the driver side door apart.

Eventually when I get the money and time i'll be doing an electronic windows conversion but for now I'd simply like to be able to wind my window down all the way lol.

Thanks In Advance :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Take the door card off and wind e window down slowly - the cause should be obvious

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also take a look at the rubber around the outside of the window, particularly the door pillar side, these can fold in where they shouldn't be and you wouldn't think so but can cause big problems with jamming

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Any suggestions on how to get the door card's off?

I've removed the bottom one that covers the speaker but the material one that cover's the rest of the door show's no obvious signs on how to remove it?
I've removed all the screws I can find including the one in the door handle..

I'm just slightly confused as to how to get it off now lol
Thanks in Advance.

Correction: Only thing i need to remove now to successfully remove the rest of the door card is the window winder itself..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, Sweet I got it all apart and took the cellophane of the door to see whats going on in there problem is when It comes down and starts to get a bit stiff I cant see where or what is causing it still :/

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's starting to do my nut in now all i've been doing is winding it up and down over and over again to see if i can see/hear anything go wrong or different when it starts to get stiff.. And the only thing as far that i can tell is that the door panel bends out a little bit when this happens but i can't tell what is causing this as I cant even see it.

Wtf?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Somebody probably tried breaking into the car at some point and bent the panel back which is now causing you problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had exact same problem with passenger side if you look directly down the window gap where it goes into door you should see a half moon cog thing.... My car got broke into (door bent) so when you wind it down it goes stiff n door panel bends because the window pushes against door panel due to bent runners+mechanism.

I never did find a solution except for lubing door where its bent but still doesnt go all the way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had exact same problem with passenger side if you look directly down the window gap where it goes into door you should see a half moon cog thing.... My car got broke into (door bent) so when you wind it down it goes stiff n door panel bends because the window pushes against door panel due to bent runners+mechanism.

I never did find a solution except for lubing door where its bent but still doesnt go all the way.
Yeah, I've found that the only time It goes away is when water gets into it after raining/washing the car I find i can wind it all the way down..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah if you shine a torch down the gap you should see whats moving but you got to look straight down window with eye near to sill as possible but like I said mines because someone bent the door out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts