All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have a Corsa C 1.0L 12V. Ever since I've owned the car I've always heard a ticking noise coming from behind the drivers side wing. When I'm stationary it gradually kicks in however when I accelerate it disappears but then comes back when I'm about 2/3 revs. Anyway since owning the car I've had 2 engines my old one and this reconditioned engine put in, also a new timing chain. I've had it fully serviced with fresh new oil. Still the ticking noise persists. Got my car serviced an they said that my driveshafts were split and leaking the grease. So is this what's causing my ticking noise?
Any ideas or advice?

·
Banned
885 Posts
As said above, it can't be from the drive shaft and as you have had a new engine, it's a bit of a coincidence it two engines are making the same noise.

When the engine was changed, it is likely that the alternator and air conditioning compressor were swapped over from the old engine. If you use a 'listening stick' ( length of dowel, or a long screwdriver) one end placed IN your ear and the other end applied to the (for example) alternator, you would be able to hear if the noise was conning from there.

The alternative is to post us a recording of it.

Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts