All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the nut holding the driveshaft in (the one with the split pin ) is normal thread. Was trying to get it off this weekend turning anti-clockwise and it would'nt have it just making sure its not opposite thread before i get a long bar to leaver it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's definately normal thread. Give it a spray of wd40, then get a scaffbar on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did all of those and it didnt come off I know there tight cause i did the ones on my niva and my astra but these took the piss, so just took the hub off and pulled the drive shaft out that way, i know i let it beat me but id bent too many tools.

·
Registered
408 Posts
borrow compressor and an air gun off someone and theyll be off in no time
unless you can get your hands on a really big compressor then i dont see that being too much use? best bit is to hit it a good few times full pelt with a hammer then get a big breaker bar with an impact socket on the end and bounce on it to shock it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
lol this is a weird one it shouldnt be that tight because of the tpe of wheel bearing the corsas fitted with, if its over tight it tends to put to much pressure on the bearing and causes you to go through them alot, id use a torgue wrench or breakers bar if the worst comes to the worst

d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts