All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had window open today on motorway and music on a bit and for 15-20 minutes I was driving 70MPH in 40th. Probably not a good thing for the engine and I should have noticed the revs. Bit of a facepalm moment :palm:

Been driving 2 month but stalled the other day :palm: In my defence I was coming home from night-shift but still. Getting used to the Petrol now though.

I wonder what the most common are, I try to never make a mistake but they sometimes spring up.

Share your driving fails , we all aint perfect ;)

-- Worst one I have done a month or so ago was I mis-calc'd how fast some woman was going who was flying behind a van 95% out of view on a roundabout and I pulled out. I shouldnt have but that said she came flying out of nowhere just behind a vehicle had pulled off! You learn though :)

Not done this though http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/13/aston-martin-worth-180k-written-off-by-pink-vauxhall-corsa-3539760/

·
Registered
58 Posts
About 10 years ago, following my other half (now my ex) through Newcastle. She stopped at a round about, I stopped behind her. She pulled off, I looked right for traffic as I pulled off quite harshly. Didn't realise she stalled.... I helped her on her way across the roundabout. Cost me a front bumper and radiator on my car, and a rear bumper and exhaust on hers.... Oops...

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Not long after i got my first car (1997 Peugeot 106 1.5d) i was going to Halfords one night in the winter when it was raining and a bit late. Seen some guys up the back of the car park doing handbrake skids. Decided to have a go myself and pulled a few 180's.

Shop was pretty far away so trying to show off (as best as you can in a 1.5 non turbo diesel) and gave it the beans heading towards the shop front.

I was in the back car park and was heading to the front one, but forgot about the kerb that seperates all the parts. Must have hit the kerb bit about 35-40mph smashed my head into the roof from it.
Thankfully no damage to the car, just my pride.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
haha, good responses there.

I'm still quite new and want to drive better. Safe wise and mechanically. I don't get in anyone else's car or have anyone in mine who drives but can only hope I drive well ;)

Still make odd mistakes but always really minor slip ups and not dangerous, just like mechanic fails. Like not revving it at first enough when moving off or breaking harder than is needed (I ease off and correct) but that's what I mean :)

Love my car, and love driving. Wish I could burn some money into it but Insurance/Petrol and future baby crushes those dreams!

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
First time I clutch-kicked my car, I didn't expect the angle it produced, and ended up parked on the roundabout. I was thankful I'd waited till no one was around lol.
Is it you're preferred method of slide initiation? It's the easiest way of getting the 2 spinning, but not now the clutch is dying on its arse. Slip e'ryday.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Drove 8 miles with the handbrake on down duel carriageways.
Wondered what the burning smell was.
I did 70 miles. Plymouth to Newquay, the bulb had gone in the warning light :palm:
My mate was behind me and didn't think to mention that the drums were smoking. I thought car was ****ed cos it felt so underpowered :palm:
Nothing left of it by the time I got back to Newquay, and the house we'd hired had a very very steep drive :palm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.