All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have got my corsa which i have been practising in but got my test in a couple of weeks just wanted to find out how people found there test and any tips?? i am quite confident but depends on the day. hoping maybe its a man give him a cheeky smile or summit lol dunno if will work but give it a try :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep thats what im thinking just see what its like on the day just will be short on cash if i fail lol

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
you've just got to have confidence to do it properly. i was a bag of nerves first time round, i convinced myself i was doing everything wrong. the second time round i took my time to do everything and it was fine

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Just be nice, try have a bit of banter with the instructor since it will calm your nerves and hopefully help them to see that your a sensible person. Dont be over confident as that can look like cockyness, and basically just remember what you learnt on your lessons and dont panic.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
you've just got to have confidence to do it properly. i was a bag of nerves first time round, i convinced myself i was doing everything wrong. the second time round i took my time to do everything and it was fine
Actually when I took my test I was a bag of nerves, then I made a mistake early on (not a mojor one just should of gone but didnt) after that it made me more confident thinking I have got the mistake out of the way.

So moral of the story :p dont be worryed about nerves lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh hopefully nerves wont get too me but i bet on the day they will just hope i get a chatty person cuz i hate silence lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you realise you've just made a mistake...if you can correct this, do so. And DONT continue the test assuming that it just caused you to fail, carry on driving normally :)
I used an incorrect lane on a 3-exit roundabout, luckily I kept calm and did all the observations before moving across into the correct lane. This left me with a minor rather than a major, thankfully! :D

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
tbh my tester made me feel so relaxed i didnt realize he was there.

2 minors i got :p

youl be suprised how fast the time goes

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Yeah just stay calm. I know it's easier said than done, but it'll pay off! Also, take your time. I kept constantly looking in my mirrors on my test & examiners like that. Good Luck. :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Well from what I have heard, basically useless information, the examiner has pretty much decided if you are going to pass or not in the first 5-10min of driving. From that small part they can see what type of driver you are and if you should be allowed on the roads, and as long as you dont make a mojor mistake then you have passed.

To be honest though if you fail just keep trying, one of my mates took 6 attempts to pass his test, now that I have being in the car with him I can see why. For example, he will go onto a roundabout where both the left lane and right lane go to the same dual carriageway, however the right lane is mainly used by cars with more acceleration. So anyway he will go in the right lane, normally with a bimmer up his arse, and get onto the dual carriageway and stick it into 4th, normally at this time he is doing about 20mph. Its just the lack of understanding of gears that seems to annoy me. Also his sit in the right hand lane and dont move in. Ok rant over, lets continue the thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol well im going to be going outquite a buit with my dad before and i will letyou all know how it went

·
Registered
22 Posts
two tips:
my instructor told me to remember that the tester is not trying to fail you but trying to pass you...helped me relax a little.

Also, from my mum this one, adjust your mirrors so that they are a little awkard and you need to move slightly to see them....the tester can see you actually looking.

As mentioned in earlier posts, use the mirror loads too

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ye the instructors like seeing you looking in your mirrors, and be confident in yourself. If you do make a mistake keep going as normal as I thought id failed at one point where as the examinor must have just thought it was a minor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts