All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps. ive got my test in a week tomorrow. anyone got any tips they have heard or thought up over the years to increase my chance of passing? any comments appreciated. cheers

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Just relax, if your nervous then your more likely to c*ck up. Then again if your not nervous about your test then your not normal. You have to think, your perfectly capable of passing the test otherwise your instructor wouldnt of put you in for it. Go out and just driving normally the way you been taught, dont drive to impress. Good luck :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good Luck! :thumbs_up:

In your test, if you ever think youve messed up completely, forget it and carry on as usual, dont get upset thinking you've failed.

Happened to me, pulled out of a turning where an incoming car was approaching fairly fast, pulled out as quickly as i could, didnt look properly and the car coming was held up by another car turning in the road, thought i had failed due to this but carried on as best as i could and managed to get only 5 minors!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What lynx said is a good point!

2 Minutes into the test i done my reverse round the corner manoeuvre, as i was doing it i hit the kerb, i thought sh*t i failed! i glanced over to his test sheet and thought he had written it down as a serious fault. I did the whole test thinking id failed and didnt really give a toss :laugh: it was a big suprise when he said i passed with 6 minors :laugh:

Thats another tip, try to resist looking at the test sheet!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha cheers guys. sounds like great tips. ill keep that in mind. im with Mutlows at the moment seem to be alright actually. so far ive done 21 hours i think. got mi test a week monday. in bishops stortford. ive done both my mock tests and didnt do really bad. main thing is that i forget to look in my mirrors when im speeding up slowing down and changing gear. to me i think thats a bit excessive but thats how its ment to be done. on my 1st mock i got 4 serious and few minors i was like oh ok fair enough. then 2nd mock i got 2 serious which was beta but not perfect of course. it was for tapping the curb for turn in the road and for indicating a lil too early when he asked me to pull over to the side. made it look like i was actually turning into this side road but nothing i cant sort out i hope. thanks again people. really appreciate it :) just wanna get this over and done with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In both my mock tests i failed, kerbed it in a manouvre in the first and second i didnt use the main bus lane when i was meant to, the times were awkward, but i passed my driving test first time with 5 minors!

Another thing, when the instructor rights on his sheet, this doesnt mean hes ticking anything bad, it could be that hes just marking down what manouvres you are doing or anything like that!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Good luck.

:thumbs_up:

:driver:

·
Registered
611 Posts
best tip you'll ever get other than be calm.... do not let your concentration drop until you've stopped the car at the test centre at the end of the test. a high number of people fail in the last 10minutes because they relax when they see they're almost done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow cheers guys for all the support. and thanks kenny really gd suggestion. on the turn in the road when i tapped the curb my instructor said just make sure you dont express dissappointment like saying ought! just act like normal and try to make it look like you came onto the brakes a bit hard because the examiner wont know any different haha. once again thanks for everyones tips. as they say as long as i try my best. i just hope by best is good enough.

·
Registered
118 Posts
good luck :) ive yet to book my test again i failed my 1st test but i want to get a move on and pass now il have to get my finger out lol.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
my adice would be to drive how the instructor taught u. calm and relaxed.

lots of over exadurated head movements when looking at the mirrors to

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Don't do hand signals, I know you should know that, but for some reason I still waved someone, and failed for it :(

Also pulled out in front of a car in a different test, but that goes without saying lol.

Just relax, talk to the examiner and you will kind of relax as you are talking...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Look in your mirrors a lot. Examiners love that. Also, try and act as though it's just a normal lesson. Take your time on your manouveres too. The examiner won't penalise you for going snail slow. Also pray to god you get stuck behind a milk float on a busy road. That really swallows up the test time :) That's what happened on my test. I couldn't pass the milk float safely, so i had to trail behind it for about 15mins :laugh: Passed 1st time :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
But make sure...dual carraigeways, dont be scared to overtake, if you are on a 70mph road, make sure you use that 70, i think its 62.5 you have to get above or you fail on a speed drive

·
Registered
331 Posts
But make sure...dual carraigeways, dont be scared to overtake, if you are on a 70mph road, make sure you use that 70, i think its 62.5 you have to get above or you fail on a speed drive
my mate got 1 minor but failed on a major cause he did the dual carriage way @ 30 lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
my instructor told me that its a secrect of the testers that they HAVE to fail at least 4 people a day out of every 10 for fairness and sh!t like that, to be honest its probably the unfairest way of being fair!

but to answer your question, just stay calm, breathe a lot and remember that its not the end of the world if something does go wrong, in my test i went 36 in a 30 then quickly slowed down and thought that i had failed but i 'made up for it on the rest of the test (apparently lol)' so if something does go wrong dont think that it is over, just keep going and whatever you do, dont try and rush around, whatever happens you will be on your test for 40 minutes,

hope this helps and im sure everyone on here (all 1000+ of us!!:) ) will agree with me when i say good luck and we all hope you pass!! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts