Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people using?

More importantly any videos?
Hard to explain what noise I want, and everybody has personal taste

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Mine's a Tial one. Like this:

It only really blows off when booting it, and depending on how high the boost is depends how loud it is. I love it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee, any videos ?

Have no idea how things sounds

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol @
Blows off

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds ok ^ can we set te revs when it "blows off"

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
They dont work like that. They vent excess boost from before the throttle plate when the throttle plate snaps closed (when you come off throttle). It will do that every time you close the throttle plate, regardless of the revs you were doing before it.

When you come off throttle, the throttle plate closes, at that instant, you have high pressure on one side, and the manifold instantly goes into vacuum. This vacuum is run to the dump valves vac port, the vacuum created by the engine in the manifold when you close the throttle plate is fed to the dump valve, the vacuum foruce pulls the dump valves piston upwards, opening the dump valve vent ports.

Now if this happens at 2,000 rpm, you wont even have been on boost, and it'll vent what little positive pressure was in the boost pipes, not much of a PSSSSSHT, maybe a slight hissss. Do the same at 8,000rpm, on full boost, and the dump valve will be venting 22psi of boost out the vent ports.

What I'm saying is it doesnt "not activate" at low rpms, it always vents, you just cant hear it as much when you're not venting full boost. If you had a really wierd turbo/map and only hit boost at 7,000rpm, then the dump valve would be silent venting up until 7,000rpm, lol. Basically it'll be full volume on full boost, no way can you avoid that, or set it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All makes alot of sense now, cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts

might help

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
This is good
That version of the turbosmart was actually what we would have bought mark, its a copy of the Tial one Lee posted (because he's made of money)... We can't use that type anymore due to not having the V-Band fitting.

Unless you want to talk to flowtech and have the modify your tophat. New V-Band dumpvalves come with a v-band fitting kit, which includes the stainless weld on v-band flange.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this be mine, as said notr sure if its too loud for what your after
Wow your engine sounds like its had a rough life.

Don't mind dump
Valve, prefer the one above though

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I personally love the sound of this but that might be because a Mustang is my dream car and it nicely contrasts the engine roar
This sounds awesome

1 - 20 of 40 Posts