All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Anyone here fitted earthing / grounding kits to their electrical system?

Been reading about it and it says it improves electrical performance and makes it more efficient and makes sensors more "accurate", thus improving the car's overall performance.

I've got quite a lot of load on my Corsa B because of a full sound setup, custom foglights, and when I once hooked up a scanner it read that my battery voltage was playing up at around 13+ to 14+ continuously.

Fill me in please! :D Thanks!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Do you mean like a ground loop isolator?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really sure how to describe it, check out "HKS Grounding Wire Kit" in Google.

Circular Grounding System - By utilizing a 24 karat gold plated distribution block and multiple grounding points, improved idle and drivability are often obtained as the additional grounding points equalize resistance and voltage between various ground points. Each 8 gauge spiral twined cable is wrapped with signature HKS purple insulation to protect and add color to the Circle Earth System. Vehicle specific kits included pre-measured cable lengths and distribution blocks.
Grounding Cable can improve your car electical system efficiency.

Benefits:

-Increase hose power.
-Headlight brightness.
-Better fuel economy.
-Better starting.
-Better audio quality.
-Better engine responds.
-Increase torque.
Here's a link as well: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1506

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
looking at the diagram on the home made kit, the only thing you are doing is increasing the SWG (wire gauge) of the earth wire, if you heve ever taken a loom out of a corsa you will know the ground/earth is connected to similar points anyway.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Lol, sounds like a ground loop isolator to me.
Maplin do a decent one for about £15 maybe.

I made my own using only 1 inch of wire - just found a bit of wire 1 inch long that i cut off the speaker.

$150 you say? I'll sell you 10 of them for $140 if your interested?

'Improves horsepower' - :palm:

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
It would help improve it but not anything that would be noticeable to be truthful mate.
I mean, it wont extend battery life or anything like that, and theres not really much that could be done that improves the electric system - i mean what would you need improved?

'Grounding kits' are just a way of ensuring the electrical system is installed correctly, which im sure would already be done at point of manufacture.

I sitll cant get over the fact they claim it Increases Torque and Horsepower.
What is this statement based on and what material do they have to back it up with?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
when I once hooked up a scanner it read that my battery voltage was playing up at around 13+ to 14+ continuously.

Fill me in please! :D Thanks!
Was the engine running when you done this test?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:confused:

Grounding kits that make your neutral wire thicker? How can this help in anyway:shocked: The one in there origionally obviously have the right current carrying capacity (because it works and designd by vaux) so why put a thicker one in? :rolleyes:

Reactions: AJ

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
:confused:

Grounding kits that make your neutral wire thicker? How can this help in anyway:shocked: The one in there origionally obviously have the right current carrying capacity (because it works and designd by vaux) so why put a thicker one in? :rolleyes:
i think he is worried about the extra load the wires are carrying, too much load and a wire will melt its sheath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.