All Corsa Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I thought we meant next week haha, I only get my rota a week in advance so can only give a weeks notice and on the 9th to the 16th of July I am off on holiday, would be good to meet

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm away in Cornwall from the 7th to the 14th of July. Lol, we can just play it by ear and see when everyones available to meet :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh i see, lol, sorry to have mislead you.

I doubt I'll be able to as I'm seeing family, shame as it would be ideal :/

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh i see, lol, sorry to have mislead you.

I doubt I'll be able to as I'm seeing family, shame as it would be ideal :/
Yea it definetly would, I will have to let you guys know when I am free as my hours vary and are all over the place, I cant do this weekend so nextb saturday or sunday would have been great xD

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Right guys I have some photos of the place, will give you an idea of how much room we have, failing this I do have other ideas as to where else we can go.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Right the bad thing about this location is that it is all dirt and has massive potholes when you enter it and also little ones inside, nearly lost my sump lowered 60mm :palm:

Other places I can think of are Mcdonalds carpark? It is massive, when civiclife were there the police eventually arrived about 4 hours in when they were all going anyway, it is likely to attract chavs but they can always be told to **** off.

Bury St Edmunds we could use the Arc carpark and make our own little section, would mean paying for parking though and not sure how much.

Bury St Edmunds Multi Story is another option again have to pay but only £2 for over 4 hours not bad at all tbh and means we can walk round shops lol.

What I will do is have a look round Thetford to see if there is anywhere else we can meet, failing that I would reccomend the Bury St Edmunds locations.

Just trying to view other car owner forums to see where they have had there meets.

I would prefer the meets to be on pavement tbh.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Failing that and if I get the whole day off of work then Ipswich docks would be a good place.

I have been told that the docks aren't that great at all.

Will keep scouring the land of East Anglia for a meet place guys :)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
It is in the middle of no where so no chance you will get any cocks, also a nice place just to sit and stand around and they also have picnic benches. (Sandwhiches anyone :laugh:)

Failing that I would say bury st edmunds as we could always go bowling as well etc?

Unless I find a decent place in thetford, but I could always get a photo of the mcdonalds car park as it is huge and is where civlife usually do there meets, had over 60 cars there when they last had there meet.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Kind of off topic but did you ever get a proper camera cookie? Would be nice to have some good quality pics taken when we eventually have this meet
The camera I took this was with a 12 megapixel Samsung shoot and take, I was in a rush so there is a bit of camera shake.

Anyways if anyone wants to meet up next weekend let me know and we can find a place, would be nice to see even a couple of members off of here and then we could always have a bigger meet once everyone is available.

Where does everyone think we should do it then?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
I would say rule out two mile bottom as it is likely to **** peoples cars up, see with Bury St Edmunds the cops will split us up as soon as they can.

Thetford would be an ideal place imho.

Just need peoples thoughts.

I will be looking round thetford on monday for decent spots :)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures off of the net of the Thetford Mcdonalds car park where civlife met, will give you an idea of how much room we have to use, also you don't need to pay to park which is a plus.

The last photo is the ideal sort of place to have all the cars.

Thoughts?

Will try and find pics off of the net from the multistory and the arc carpark :)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Failing that in Bury St Edmunds the Arc car park does have a underground parking which would be ideal if it is raining, but it does mean paying to park and it can get quite expensive at least in the multi storey it is only £2 for over 4 hours and Thetford Mcdonalds is free. There is also wilkinsons car park in thetford which is also free.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The pictures of the two mile bottom look stunning mate Cannock case near me doesn't really look that good. May have to take a drive down there one weekend.
Two Mile Bottom would be decent but it is all land slidy and shit, failing that we could meet as two mile bottom then make out way to Thetford McDonalds, I am fine either way, we could always get bits of wood to put over the potholes for the cars which are lower then 60mm.

Either way I hope we can get a meet organised some time soon :)

41 - 60 of 89 Posts