All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My mum just bought a 08reg Corsa Breeze and after a couple of days the ECM light has come on.

She is a very slow driver, but did feel that the car needed a lot of acceleration to move. In my opinion, it is seriously under performing and it doesn't sound fantastic. I know its only a 1 litre, but I have driven other 1 litre cars and they haven't sounded or performed as badly as this.

My Dad had a friend look at it and his advise was that, because it is only a 3 cylinder car, this is normal and shouldn't be pushed.

I'm not convinced and feel that there is a problem, and with the ECM light coming on, it only verifies this.

I've done some reading (as I'm not great with these things) and found that it may be the Lambda Sensor (as the car has gone over 50,000 miles)? This may explain the performance and fuel consumption, maybe?

I also found, on this brilliant site, that you can actually do a simple test to allow the car to show you the issues by watching how many times the ECM flashes. However, I don't know how to decypher the code ha

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_N2W0tz42gXS2wxWEhvTUdrU00/edit?usp=sharing

This is a video of the flashes. Would anyone mind just having a look and telling me what problem(s) this car may have.

I would also appreciate any other advise so I can get to the bottom of this and take the appropriate steps to getting it sorted

Thanks all

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
What is the ECM light?

I take it engine management light?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/check-fault-codes-11239.html

The way to do it is set out in the tutorial section. Just count the flashes and you'll have the codes.
Hi, I appreciate it.

I did actually see this post before which is why I recorded the flashes. However, the flashes are so quick sometimes and with the breaks in between flashes being quite short I don't know what or how to count.

This is really why I was hoping someone with a bit more experience would be able to take a quick look and give me the codes.

It's not laziness, its just confusion. I have numbers here:

0953 255 656

but I don't know if I'm counting wrong because none of these actually mean anything in relation to the link you gave me :(

Can anyone tell what the code(s) are please? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts