All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

just recieved an email from a mate asking if i wanted a ecotek valve for my corsa as he is selling his car and taking off most of the modifications. Just wondering has anyone fitted one to there corsa and did it make any difference.

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
thees been quite a bit of hoo-ha about this. the company claimed that it 'increased performance' there was quite a bit of complaints because the customers didn't notice anything. it also said that fuel economy was improved, agiain customers said that they couldn't notice any difference. they now say that overall driveability is better. might as well fit it and see what you think. maybe tell us if it's any good?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What size engine is it? ecotec engine are supposed to be more economical than the earlier engines hense the word "eco" I havent heard anything about having better performance, if anything iv been told they are slightly lowero n power. they are nothing special to be honest.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've personally heard they're crap and can cause damage. Not sure how true that is though.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was gonna post on here to see if anyone had one. Ive read the ecotech blurb and they sounds great, just wondered whether they were and if so how easy are they to fit.

Think my mates boyf has one on his Polo, might ask him nxt time hes about.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Try doing a search on CS or migweb. You will soon find out how ****e they are.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi all

the valve, well erm, dont bother. i put it on yesterday and no difference if anything the car seems slugish in low revs but other than that the car is the same. dont know now to keep it or take it off. what do you all reckon?

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Ecotek Valve

It is recommended the you it to the purge valve that is mounted on the back of the air filter.
Basically it introduces a turbulence on the fuel inlet creating bubbles in the fuel when it mixes with the air to give a better increase in performance and a better fuel economy.

It does NOT alter the mixture of the fuel/air and run either richer or leaner

It makes a noise when de-accelerating which is best described like the noise from sucking through a straw

The Ecotek value is in the shape of a T piece and fits into the tube that comes from the right side (towards the engine) of the purge value.

Remove the tube and fit one end to the Ecotek valve.

Then use a small piece of tube (can be cut from the existing tube - about 1.5 inches long, or buy an additional tube) and connect the other side of the Ecotek valve to the Purge Valve.

I used Jubilee clips for a tighter fit although this is not essential.

Once is fitted, close the valve right up buy turning the top of it.

Then, with the engine on, turn it slowly on until a high pitch sucking noise is heard.

When this is heard, turn it back the other way one rotation

Now test it by accelerating. If it makes the noise after u take ur foot of the accelerator after revving then it is set up ready to go. If it still makes the noise when running idle or accelerating then turn the top back another rotation until it is set up right.

The additional Filter basically covers the top with foam and slightly reduces the sound.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
But still, they are overpriced ****e!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vonkerz

will try setting it up as i did not do that thinking it was setup already, will let you no how i get on.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did a little playing with the ecotek sounds and feels a lot better will try driving for a few days and see what i think and post my feelings on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts