All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am Rishabh

this is my first post on here, and i own a Vauxhall Corsa C 02 reg. I have had the car for about a year now and in the last 2 months i have been having a problem.

Sometimes when i open the car in the morning, and try to start it, it doesnt start. the only light showing is the engine management light. i got this cheked out, and payed the mechanic £80. The problem went and wasnt there for about a month.

It started occuring again about a month back, and i called the AA for a home start. the AA man started the car, by firmly tapping the top of the speed-o-meter and the lights came back. He said there was a lose connection behind the cluster.

I got a quote for a £65 computer check up and more if any parts were needed.

I wanted to know if i could sort this problem out on my own, and save myself the £65 as i have already spent £80.

If anyone has had this problem before, then it would be helpful if you could help me out.

Thanks for reading.

Rishabh

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Wrong section - moved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Loose connections

I have spoken to someone that had the exact same problem. It was a loose/dirty connection in their ignition switch. I would suggest getting yourself a haynes manual and taking the cowling off the steering column, and the dash out and making sure that all the connectors are clean and firmly seated.

I know that this is not going to be much of a help to you, but it would be the only way to see if the AA man was correct.

BD:thumbs_up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts