All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Have you removed it? if so just plug one of the ports inlet or outlet, i suggest inlet. Or is your question actually "could an EGR valve bring up the managemnet light"?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I havent removed it, I mean if it is faulty will it always bring the engine management light on. Or can it not be working and not turn the engine management light on.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Has you EML come on? Or do you just suspect the EGR valve isn't working?

·
Banned
56 Posts
Sorry been away pretending to work, Yes as clutch said as its got a sensor it will bring it up. It's either a faulty EGR or faulty sensor. What makes you assume its the EGR? Also slightly off topic does anybody know the connection type on the corsa B for an OBD 2 unit?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was talking on here and a few people suggested it was the egr valve and after reading up a bit it does seem like the likely cause of the problem. Just the EML hasnt come on thats why I was a bit confused.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It may just need cleaning.

Gtc,
Have you tried looking on topbuzz, that has the paperclip section on it with descriptions of ECU types and various OBD types.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Cheers Lee will take a look,

As said the Port may be blocked so the valve will still open but the gasses can't escape...so the sensor won't show a problem with the EGR valve but you won't get the recirculated gasses. It could alternatively be the thermo vacume valve no working properly. I'm unsure if that has a sensor on it?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it might just be blocked, therefore not putting the EML and sometimes working better than others.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Yeh that's probably exactly it it needs a clean. Just because it's dirty the mechanism is still working (so not setting off alarm bells with the ECU) but your getting no effect from it. 1st step would be to clean it up and see how it goes. Maybe deatschtye can either confirm or dispute that theory when he sees this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i'll agree with you mate, if its dirty then the valve can stick slightly in it's slide which makes it slow to react wether its a solenoid or a vacuum type (although vacuum types tend to stick solid). it's always a good idea to keep these lil' buggers clean because it can cause endless problems when they do go wrong and cleaning them often (say per service) can help them keep fairly reliable. a quick inspection after you've cleaned it is always a good idea too to check that it's not faulty or going to fail anytime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts