All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Model: Corsa B, 1999 T REG SXI 16V 3DR
PROBLEM: Electric window regulator looks different from every one on Ebay.

Summary:
I have bought a window regulator from Ebay to replace the one that has died in my baby (drivers side).

Now - the one I have bought looks like EVERY other window regulator in the world - an elaborate scissor type device connected to a motor (excuse my non mechanical descriptions but I am no mechanic - clearly)

However, upon removing the door panel and the 9 million screws and fiddly bits in order to 'have a go' at fixing it myself. I discovered a totally different mechanism. Which has some sort of plastic chain between the motor and the mechanism that controls the window going up and down. The plastic chain type thing has become somewhat... chewed up - hence the stoppage.

My question is simple - unlike my NOOB description - so apologies!

Are there a large variety of electric window regulators for the Corsa B circa 1999? Or is this a specific 16v SXI 3DR issue?

I have seen NO other mechanism like it - and as much as I can tolerate winding my window up and down using a plastic T, its wearing thin (literally) and at toll bridges its a bloody nightmare!

Any help or advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Xussia

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
cant really help with your problem but im not sure the sxi had electric windows as standard, mine doesnt, but they did do a special edition sxi, has the original elecy window motor got anything like gm or vauxhall written on it? im just thinking its possible they were fitted afterwards by someone else. The other alternative is that you have an electric window motor from a newer corsa

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have the same problem, its an aftermarket kit for the corsa b, look on ebay and youll find them. Mine has a metal wire that twists to make the window go up and down and that has snapped. I have been looking for 6 months and havn't as yet found a replacement wire.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
You can probably fit the original specification system (ie as the one you've bought off ebay) as the doors had all the necessary holes in them. It would probably be better anyway as you can then source standard parts if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Model: Corsa B, 1999 T REG SXI 16V 3DR
PROBLEM: Electric
window regulator looks different from every one on Ebay.

Summary:
I have bought a window regulator from Ebay to replace the one that has died in my baby (drivers side).

Now - the one I have bought looks like EVERY other window regulator in the world - an elaborate scissor type device connected to a motor (excuse my non mechanical descriptions but I am no mechanic - clearly)

However, upon removing the door panel and the 9 million screws and fiddly bits in order to 'have a go' at fixing it myself. I discovered a totally different mechanism. Which has some sort of plastic chain between the motor and the mechanism that controls the window going up and down. The plastic chain type thing has become somewhat... chewed up - hence the stoppage.

My question is simple - unlike my NOOB description - so apologies!

Are there a large variety of electric window regulators for the Corsa B circa 1999? Or is this a specific 16v SXI 3DR issue?

I have seen NO other mechanism like it - and as much as I can tolerate winding my window up and down using a plastic T, its wearing thin (literally) and at toll bridges its a bloody nightmare!

Any help or advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Xussia
hi found this thread and i also have the same problem but mine is water pump whats happening on ebay? are they having problems on getting the right orders?well in my case i just called them and told them about my problem and they tried to solve the problem....but thats not the point its wasting my time on telling them my order...:palm:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
WTF is he on about^

·
Registered
7 Posts
well guys Im just reading some threads and i just found this one ok...i didnt notice the date guys just want to share my experience too..i will be posting a new thread for my car problems....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts