All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my corsa b 94 keeps cutting out when ever i turn any lights on the car cut out . lights, brakes, reverse. any one have any clue atall?

·
Registered
588 Posts
first thought is alternator and or battery ...the alternator should keep the battery charged and electrics you have on in the car , how good is the battery ,does it start straight away after it cuts out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it starts perfect when the lights are off but as soon as i turn them on it cuts out. im thinking theres a dodgy wire or somethings getting wet. the lights which usually come on when the ignition is on dont anymore and as soon as i press the throttle the battery light comes on. ive just checked the battery with the voltmeter and its fine i dunno how to check the alternator

·
Registered
588 Posts
usually the way i check the alterator is start the car put radio and hazards on and losen one of the battery terminals take it completly of few about 10 secs and if it still runs ok the alternators doing its thing

·
Registered
588 Posts
is the problem just with the lights,i mean what happens if you switched on the blower or the radio or even hazards,,can you start the car with the lights on

·
Registered
588 Posts
does it try and start or sound like thae batterys flat or what.......im now thinking bad wiring connection probibly in engine bay but you did say that you were having dash display problems so maybe worth while taking the speedo out for a quick look at the connections and change any bulbs that need changed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it trys to start but it cant. they do come on when i turn the engine off but i do think its something wrong with a conection or wire il have a look tomorrow to dark to do anything now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts