All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Couple of questions, I'll start with the easier.

I recent recieved a bluetooth OBDII reader, my laptop has bluetooth to connect. Which software if best/easiest to use to veiw live data, so RPM, temps etc?

Second one, now what i want to do is use an old netbook (eeepc, dont laugh!) with a cut down distro of linux, unsure which? Maybe an older ubuntu or redhat works well on these?

How diffcult would it be to get some linux software setup to read codes and live data, as this would stay in the car.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As in, ill plug the obd reader in, and leave it plugged in.

Ill have the netbook in the car, with an adapter.

I know its not fast and furious, my temp gauge doesnt work, so would like to keep an eye on that. Also, i have an ABS fault that keeps changing its mind, so as i replace parts i would like to know what changes with that, and be able to clear error codes.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The eeepc runs from 5 or 12v DC, so ebay do some adapters for £6 that go straight in and work.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a few people that have used the usb ones, reason im using the bluetooth is because the port is in the rear ashtray, so i dont want a cable trailing around my car lol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to do this, not for anything other than it would look awesome!

I have some software called PCMscan or something. mail me if you want it... ;)
I think i may have a copy ... if not, you shall recieve a PM :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Dan do you have a I phone 4 or 5 or HTC etc? If so you can down load the torque app.

I use the OBDII through the app which cost around £4 but has three free extra down loads, such as gauges, live fault finder and code deleter, racing times (0-60, 1/4 mile etc), driving maps, torque scan, shift lights and test results etc etc etc.

Any data that is given from the car's ecu too the blue tooth / app will be green so you know what you can and can't look at or do.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wasnt sure if the bluetooth through my iphone will work as i had read that iphones bluetooth can be a pain in the arse lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.