All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am an out of work mechanic and got bored so decided to buy a Corsa and put a 3 litre engine in, i have seen a corsa like this before all i can remember is you need alot of cutting and welding but i cannot remember what Engine he used, anyone got any idea's?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
How far have you got? Have you bought an engine? A car? Do you know exactly what you want?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Bought*

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You may want to get any model other than the 1 litre as that can cause a lot of wiring problems.

Reactions: ProjectCorsa3

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Tbh if it's a big enough project lee then buying a 1ltr won't matter. Strip the dash loom and replace it with a sport one, then it's all exactly the same wiring wise.

To the OP, yeh it's probably an x30xe. Things to note about fitment and clearance:

You'll need to cut into the bulkhead slightly to be able to have enough room to fit and remove the inlet

Both manifolds front and rear won't clear. Front one hits the crossmember and read one hits the steering rack. Because of this they both need to be custom made.

Engine mounts are custom aswell, the drivers side one goes though a belt. Which is a pain.

When you come to fit the engine, it's easier to strip it down to almost bare block, fit it, and then build it up in bay. As you just won't be able to fit it as a whole thing, just not enough room.

Good luck is all I can say, lol. C20let is easier and cheaper and more tuning potential.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
you will need to swap the inlet (upper and lower) and the loom and ecu and exhaust manifolds for c25xe cavalier or calibra ones. mount kits are on ebay. fit a c20xe flat flywheel, clutch and f20 gearbox. you need to cut the bulkhead near the drivers side top like so:

you will need to remake the brake pipes and move the brake servo line.
the rear manifold needs the flange cutting off and turning 90 deg, then angling towards the engine. then the downpipe needs modifying to meet it.
do a cambelt kit and waterpump on it whilst its out, and check the oil cooler when you swap the inlets. you need a cavalier non pas non ac belt.
wiring is the same as an xe, there is a guide on here. beware though c25xe's made after 1993 have immobiliser ecus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.