All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any illustrations/diagrams on how to wire the 1.6 16v sport engine into a 1.2 16v multi point injection?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What part needs wiring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we have installed the engine which came with a loom and an ecu, but i am unsure what to do with the old loom and cant find the old ecu. at the moment the engine will turn over but no fuel is being received. on the old engine there was two plugs with metal clips on which went to the back of the carb which i think ran the injectors and the fuel pump. i understand you did the same conversion yourself can you help?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The engine loom connects to the 1.6 ecu in the drivers footwell and the interior loom connects to the 1.6 ecu aswell.
That should be all that is required.
Have you got the keychip and transponder from the 1.6?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok but u no the engine loom there is two plugs a white one and a red one n there is no more so do i plug them both in off the engine loom the ones that came with the new engine? or is it one from each?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get a pic up of what you mean, it makes it easier to understand.
And don't use text talk please!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
carnt really get a picture of it to be honest: at the moment i have two ecu's in the car one for the new engine and one for the old one. on the new engine there is a loom it has a red plug and a white plug which fit into the new ecu that came with it. however if i just plug that in then the car will not no that the engine is there as only a few plugs off the old loom fit the new engine. so does one plug ie red run the engine and the other plug ie white run the electrics in the car? so do i need to plug ie the white one in the car (the old loom) into the white slot on the new ecu do you understand it that way?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The new engine loom should fit to the new ecu, and the old interior loom should also plug in.
There is nothing else to cut/connect. It's plug & play.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is it just a straight swap then? unconnect the old one take it out put the new one in it and then connect it back up?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
In practice it's easy aswell. Providing the looms are complete.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok cheers the old ecu is no where to be found though mate its not in the right hand kick panel where it is meant to be?? also off the old engine there is a plug that does not fit the new engine. it used to run the injectors and fuel pump. but on the new engine there is a fuel relay does that now run the fuel pump, injectors etc? cheers

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
By the sounds of it, you are trying to fit the old engine loom onto your new engine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to be fair mate I'm really good mechanically i changed loads of engines but i only do the mechanical work. my granddad used to do the wiring but he passed away recently so now I'm left to do that as well but i haven't learnt yet. can you explain what has to be done from scratch with the wiring just forget everything that has been said and start again lol? THANKS

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You need to completely bin the old engine loom, the one which connects to the ecu, and travels through the gromet into the engine bay.
And then replace it with the engine loom from the new engine. That way it is completely plug and play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok thanks mate. on the old car we carnt find the old ecu its meant to be in the right hand kick panel isnt it? but its not there on this one?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It should be yeah. Just trace the old engine loom back into the cabin. It should go through the bulkhead somewhere. That will give you an idea of where the ECU should be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it wernt in the car mate was in on the engine by where the carb is! we truyed to wire it up today but had no luck there is two plugs with no where to put them?? i have pictures on my phone and will post them later. the fuel is now running but there is no power running the ecu so we have no spark from the power pack. the old engine is a 1.2 16v out of a 1999 corsa so the ecu was on the engine not in the right hand kick panel! do you have any illustrations on how the wiring is done because there is no way the the engine is just pug and play.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've not encountered problems that you are having. Post the pics up and we'll go from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts