All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo its dearing5 in your local corsa site asking about conversions, what they like to do? lol :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Depends what size engine mate.....I know you're into your 'big block' idea so you're looking at a lot of work. Mine was fairly easy (C14SE to C16SE) but the 2litre engines I could have put into mine put me off. Driveshafts, chassis strengthening, gearbox, engine itself, loom.....plus all the other variables that you don't expect :laugh:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
if your doing it go for the xe conversion as theres less to go wrong on a n/a engine, my first corsa took about 3 hours to get it all in and running then it was things like the exhaust brakes and levels, the one ive just built has took me a bit longer to build but i thought id take my time this time, all the parts are available all over the net, its a straight forward enough job, parts arent dear either look on chrisastleymotorsport,

d

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm lol. yeah i love my c20let's thats the thing going from a x14xe to a c20let isnt easy lol

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh right yeah i wouldnt mind a c20xe i take it thats easier then a let?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
there basically the same engine so the mounts etc are about the same unless you chose to run an f28 rather then say a f16 or f20, both will go in with the same ammount of work but with the let you have intercooler plus piping etc to fit to

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
C20xe conversion is a lot more common and easy to do than a C20let conversion.
Not only that but the C20let's are rumoured to be very scary to drive due to all the power they have.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
both are scary to drive, mostly due to the handling and the traction issues,well lack of traction the let gives you no room for mistakes when driving it, its lethat but ohh the ammount of fun you can have with it

d

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha. i have **** traction on mine but thats due to budget tyres lol, let alone a 2ltr turbo spinning up the wheels beast! i would love a 2ltr in my corsa would i have to strengthen the chassis still?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would if I were you. You'll need to be looking at uprated brakes too.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
corsas have been tested to over 300bhp without a problem with chasis, we all know the storys of the nova but it was a far softer car, but at the end of the day a chasis kits aint dear, as for brakes standard 2.0 16v brakse are good enough and can be picked up for £40-£50

d

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I was interested in this as well, sorry if am stealing the thread, just wondering what the overall cost is likely to be. I mean including breaks and strengthing and any other thing that will need to be changed?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
iuts hard to give a proper figure for the price, different installation charges and prices of engines going by spec, then brakes ie turbo brakes,v6 brakes, 2.0 16v brakes lots to take in , have a look at chrisastleymotorsport and price a fitting kit, then find an engine and find someone willing to put the work in to get it all up and running for you

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It does sound temting to get a LET corsa though, might be my next car, buy one already converted!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was interested in this as well, sorry if am stealing the thread, just wondering what the overall cost is likely to be. I mean including breaks and strengthing and any other thing that will need to be changed?
thats why i made the thread up because its an interesting subject an there is always someone that wants to know about conversions :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Is a C12SZ to C16SE an easy swap? although cant find any 1.6 8 valvers anywhere

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
C12SZ to C16XE is easy, it's just the same as the X16XE.
Not sure about the C16SE though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts