All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday, I filled the car up and straight after that it felt sluggish. Then about 10min later it died and just wont start again. Thing is though I defiantly put petrol in since the diesal pump wasnt even working, so I cant have made that mistake. The tank was near enough empty when I filled it up though, so have been wondering if it might have been all the **** in the bottom of the tank that has caused it. Its going to vauxhall as soon as I can get them to pick it up, just wondering if anyone has any idea of what it might be that has caused it though?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Is this the new corsa you bought recently?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm guessing it comes with warranty then? Get the badgers to repair it for you.

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer it does come with warranty so yer they will be repairing it, I am just wondering what it might be and make sure it is covered by the warranty.
Since my o2 sensor went the other week as well, but before they had found the problem they said if it wasnt covered by the warranty it would cost 40 just to scan it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
IIRC the o2 sensor is the lambda sensor. Isn't that what was causing loads of problems all over the South a few weeks ago?
It may be related to that.

Also if they try and say it's not covered under warranty, go see trading standards.

·
Registered
408 Posts
there is no "crap at the bottom of the tank" its just a myth, fuel gets drawn from the bottom of the tank anyway. And any grit etc would be picked up by your fuel filter.

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yer I figured the fuel filter would pick it up, I have just been told by a few people that running it low will cause **** to go through the engine.
Yer the o2 sensor was causing loads of problems all over the south, mine went after filling up at shell though and it was supermarket fuel causing the problems.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Make sure you let us know what the problem is then when you get it fixed. It will be handy for future reference.

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well anyway the story so far, rung up vauxhall and they told me I have AA cover under my network Q. Ring up the AA and it works out vauxhall hadnt registered my cover. So anyway ring back up vauxhall they then sorted my cover out, so I now have AA cover:) . The AA came and scanned it and came up with the coil, changed that and it still wouldnt start so he told me its the ECU. So he has now towed it up to vauxhall. If I had been 21 he said he would of sorted me a car out though so bit gutted about that :(

On top of that the winch broke putting it on, had to wait for it to cool down :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sounds like it's all been fun and games.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not saying they're wrong, but it sounds like they don't know whats wrong with it and they are making guesses. I had my car checked out because it kept being sluggish and cutting out etc, and the diagnostic told them it needed a new ECU, they put a new one in and the same problem occured, turned out to be dodgy wiring in the end I think. I still got charged for all the time they wasted putting in the new one even though that wasn't the problem :mad: If they can't find a fault they'll probably say "Oh its the ECU" because they don't know what else to say lol.

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be fair though mate if they are saying that they can crack on and fix it, if it isnt right they will have to fix something else, its under warranty so I am going to let them do what they want.

Btw am I right in thinking that having a new ECU I am going to have to boot it for a while so it gets used to my driving style:p ?

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: Well picked the car up tday, and as far as I can see it is running well. Seems a little sluggish in first but after that its fine, I was upto 90 before I even realised it was just pulling.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Glad to hear it seems to be resolved.

·
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yer I have been driving it all day and nothing has gone wrong, I am just hoping that nothing goes wrong in the next few days if it doesnt then fingers crossed it should be sorted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts