All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i hae a 1.2 8v corsa and if im just generaly driving down the road and i put my foot down,the engine doesn't do anything for a bout a second then it starts to pull.I thought it mite just be because the engine is so unpowerful and unresponsive but i havn't heard anyone else complain of it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ryte.iv just got the standard air box. Its like it takes a couple of seconds before the fuel or air can get into the engine. i had it serviced and all the filters changed about 4k miles ago

·
Registered
585 Posts
Try some Redex in your tank, as suggested above; make sure you get a good refill of fuel and follow the directions on the bottle. See how it goes after that.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
hey, i hae a 1.2 8v corsa and if im just generaly driving down the road and i put my foot down,the engine doesn't do anything for a bout a second then it starts to pull.I thought it mite just be because the engine is so unpowerful and unresponsive but i havn't heard anyone else complain of it
When was your last service? Have you tried Injector Cleaner? Whenever I add injector cleaner (Redex) to my fuel, I can feel the difference. Maybe your fuel injectors are a bit clogged. I have the same engine as yourself in my Corsa. Is the engine still cold when you out your foot down? There are many things that could cause the lag in power.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Check all your ht leads are connected properly aswell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got it serviced bout 2-3 months ago.everything changed.what does that fuel cleaner do??
and it happens no matter what the engine temp is

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It should help clear out your fuel system if there is anything in there causing mayhem.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
i got it serviced bout 2-3 months ago.everything changed.what does that fuel cleaner do??
and it happens no matter what the engine temp is
It clears the fuel injectors. If the injectors are clogged, then you're not getting enough fuel through. I use Redex regularly, as Corsas usually only have 1 injector especially for a 1.2. If the one injector gets clogged, the car lags. You can buy Redex from Halfords, or you can get it cheaper at Wilkinsons ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive just been lookin at halfords and whats the best,
Redex One Shot Petrol Injector Cleaner 50ml or
Redex One Shot Petrol Treatment 50ml?

·
Registered
393 Posts
personally, i'd go with the larger bottle and just pour a bit in everytime you fill up, tends to perform a lot better for the price of the larger bottle.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Morrisons?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Morrisons is great.Can't beat a chicken nugget meal deal.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts