All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... as you know my head gasket broke! :( Engine is in pieces & in the process of being rebuilt with new gaskets & oil seals. Can't wait. :D Gotta all be cleaned up too due to the oil leak i had before - should be cured. I might post a tutorial for dismantling a 1.2 8v engine :laugh:

Took it all apart in about an hour last night with my dad. Timing belt was a bugger. Should all be sorted by next weekend as one of the threads where the spark plugs are positioned is damaged. Needs the thread repaired.

·
Registered
542 Posts
at least its starting to get there lyds:thumbs_up:

you got the new head gasket and oil seals already then? or have you still got to get them?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at least its starting to get there lyds:thumbs_up:

you got the new head gasket and oil seals already then? or have you still got to get them?
I've got the head gasket & all the other gaskets for the engine in the kit. Plus it came with new oil seals for £25 - which isn't too bad. My dad is in the process of scraping off bits of the old head gasket off the block :laugh: it's a tedious task! Hoping it'll be done by today, but it's very unlikely. My dad doesn't wanna rush it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My dad is in the process of scraping off bits of the old head gasket off the block it's a tedious task!
yeh i bet that is really tedious!

it is best not to rush these things, dont wanna miss something when putting it all back together.

hope it gets sorted soon for ya though:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i bet that is really tedious!

it is best not to rush these things, dont wanna miss something when putting it all back together.

hope it gets sorted soon for ya though:thumbs_up:
Ta mate :thumbs_up: Should run better too :) I've got the job of cleaning all the oil off the bits and pieces!

·
Registered
713 Posts
There's a huge oil patch on the pavement outside my house :laugh: Once i get started on cleaning - i won't stop!! :laugh:
yeah i know all about that lol

"im just gonna do a bit of this on one of your panels so you can see what this stuff is like"

ends up cleaning my entire car, AND, drags me into doing it aswell :laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ermm yeah it's gotta be done :D
looks like its gotta be done more often, seeing as every time i get my car washed (cos im too lazy to do it myself), something bad goes wrong.

first time, had a HUGE electrics short-out, lost ALL the lights on the car, including the dashboard lights,

second time, my radiator blows, considerably worse, so im deffo not getting it washed next time lol, as something else worse might happen, so it looks like im gonna be driving a very dirty clio :laugh:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how is coming along now lyds? got any further today?
Well.. one of the spark plug holes was damaged slightly. The thread was damaged, so my dad needed to get a special tool to re-thread it. That bee sorted now. Just in the process of cleaning everything up. This weekend we'll attempt to put it back together & add the new oil & anti-freeze etc.

·
Registered
713 Posts
think mine might be on the way out next :shocked:. still overheating like a b**ch. yesterday had engine failure going down a hill and almost lost the car. got a real loveeerrrlllyyyy kerb scuff mark on my passenger wheel from where it slid into the kerb on way to Lyd's, and didnt drive right on the way back home from merry hill.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts