All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Corsa 1.4 petrol. The fault light always comes on after the engine warms up and stays on.

I have tried two different odb code scanners and both report no trouble codes.

The car runs and starts well and gets mileage well within the spec. Its got 65,000 miles on it.

So what do I do? Just ignore it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine electronics light

Engine electronics, transmission electronics, immobiliser, diesel fuel filter 3

Car with a wrench. According to the manual:

Control indicator A for engine electronics
If the light comes on when the engine is running, there is a fault in the engine or transmission electronics. The electronics switch to the emergency running programme, fuel consumption may increase and the driveability of the vehicle may be affected. In some cases the fault can be eliminated by switching the engine off and back on again. If the control indicator lights up again when the engine is running, consult a workshop to have the cause of the fault eliminated. We recommend a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer.

I don't really want to go to the dealer and have them do round after round of sensor replacements at my cost to figure out the problem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Without a fault code there isn't much you can do without blindly replacing stuff. If the car is running fine then I'd be inclined to leave it.

You could find someone with an OP COM to read the other (body?) ECU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.