All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone else had this problem?

When I go out driving my engine management light comes on randomly for like a few minutes and then goes off. It's that orange light.

My engine seems fine. All running ace! Should i get it checked out? I reckon it's most likely to be loose wiring.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
My old 1.2 used to do it every now and then. So long as your car is running fine and it doesn't stay on that long I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine came on and stayed on on the way into work one morning a few weeks ago, but the car was running like normal. Started the car up after work and the light didnt come on again and it hasnt done since, never did know what caused it but if it doesn't stay on (and you know the light works) I'm guessing it's safe to carry on as normal.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've checked my Corsa manual that comes with the car. They're saying that if it stays on for long periods, don't drive. If it comes on occasionally - no need to worry.

I've just had my cambelt done, so maybe the connections may have been disturbed.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Think it's just a case of good old Vauxhall with it's random problems.

·
Registered
408 Posts
fecking hate vauxhalls an there engine management lights, The one in Gez's Gsi is almost permenantly on.

I was coming back with him from that scrapyard the other week when for once the light was off, he put the foot down, it was boosting then it pulled right back and the eml light and traction light came on. Pain in the ass. Vauxhall need to copy bmw's electrics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts