All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just woundering if there is any way of finding out the year an modle (ie astra gsi) the engine came out of with just the engine number.(iv already tryed the dvla an local vauxhall garage)
an my engine number starts with 20xe so does that mean i do not need a cat?
cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
408 Posts
tbh mate if you just tell the gargage it came out of a 1988 something or other they will generally believe you. Yoour engine code is C20 Xe, that is different from the engine number, engine number should be printed on the block somewhere.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i no they did c20xe with cat an the 20xe which is with out cat but beacause my engine number starts 20xe does that mean i do not need a cat.:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm not sure how relevant the engine numbers are to what engine it is in terms of the 20xe or c20xe.

the 20xe is the redtop out of the earlier astra gte's etc, the c20xe is the redtop out of the later astra's and cavaliers etc.

IIRC they're exactly the same, but the c20xe has a cat.

I personally think you will be able to get away with not having a cat.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
you have an older one mate, the C in c20 xe stands for cat, your 20xe is the older styled non cat version, around 157bhp which means in exhaust terms you have won a watch cause if you can prove the car it came out of you will be free to keep it decatted :)

d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts