All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some people post up pics of the 1.4 16v sri engine i want to compare the pics to my 1.0 so ican have a look before i do my conversion i wanna check things like the rad n mountings thanks in advance

·
Registered
408 Posts
http://images.google.co.uk/images?g...spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=x14xe&spell=1

and

http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hl=en&gbv=2&safe=off&q=x16xe

x14 xe and x16 xe are near enough the same engine so pics of both will help you. Btw a wee tip, when insuring the dont tell them its from an sri, say its from some 5 door breeze or something as sri will be a slightly higher insurance group than a 5 door breeze or something which comes with the same engine. Coz remember the insurance group will be the same as the donor car;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
The parts should be interchangable as far as I know. The Astra mounts on my C16SE where all taken off and I transplanted the mountings from my C14SE straight onto it. I changed the bottom pulley, the alternator but removed the PAS pump and centre pulley since my car didn't have PAS and was the v-belt type, not the grooved which came with the new engine.

I could be wrong, but tbh I can't see them being drastically different.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Don't they just go on the engine number Mark?
When I insured my old 1.2 with a 1.6 engine in, they didn't ask what the donor car was. They just insured it as a 1.6 16v :confused: .

·
Registered
585 Posts
They will know what car the engine came from by the engine number so no, telling them it came from a Breeze not a sports model won't make a blind bit of difference.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
A guess would be it is. As you know on a vehicle registration document, it contains both the chassis number and engine number which is specific to that car. The car will be of a certain model, and no doubt it will be logged on a database somewhere.

This is a complete guess though so don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
but then how does this work if you replace parts of your engine or infact your whole engine with the same standard parts except from a different car? Like say a conrod went through the block and you changed that. Thats not something you would tell the insurance about is it?

And whats the script aswell if you buy a brand new engine from vaux?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Internal's is a different matter I suppose but as for changing the actual block, I'm guessing the same rules apply, you'd have to fill in the new engine numbers on the v5 and send it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts