All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1.2 corsa merit, and after going for a service today i have found out tht the oil rings have gone the guy in the garage said tht it is a hard job and will cost abit plus my cam is knockin so he said tht it would be easier to get a new eninge put in, i dont no much about the mechanical side of things with cars so i just wondered if any1 cud give any advice? am i being done over by this guy or what? there is a knockin noise that makes my car sound like a tank at times and it is burning oil because there is smoke coming out but is it a simple problem or would i be better off with the new engine??:confused:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yes, you can source a new 1.2 for cheap as chips, the actual cost of repairing your engine isnt large, but because of what it is, being piston rings and camshaft, the labour costs would be massive. Now would be a perfect opportunity to uprate to a bigger engine, if you can afford it that is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im only 18 and this is my first year driving, i would love a 1.4 sri engine put in bt tht means changing brakes and the lot dnt it?? and i dnt no any 1 tht would do it cheap!! ( i knew i should of done mechanics at college lol) cheers anyway mate i guess i will b replacing the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts