All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have had the car just over 3 weeks now and have had some fun driving it till now. When i start the car up and keeping at a steady speed the car starts to jump (drives me mad) but when the engine management light comes on the car runs fine???? Strange.. i have replaced the sparks and ht leds but still no joy. i have had the car put on computer and it came back EGR valve. does anyone know exactly where the EGR is?? if anyone has any pictures of the EGR on a corsa sport 1.6 i would be very gratefull.

Matt

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I was going to say mate it'l be your EGR Valve before I even read the whole of your post. Dont worry mate its a common problem on the sports. It happened to mine. The EGR valve is your Exhaust Recirculation Gas Valve and it basically helps some of the gas back round the system cuttin down on emmisions or something like that. A build up of carbon has occured and the carbon is either holding the valve open or closed meaning your engine cant run smoothly when gettin rid of waste. I had the same effects as you when drivin my car when this happened to me. I took it to a local garage and apparently its located down the back of the engine bay about half way down so you cant really reach it from the bottom or top without taking out other parts so it is a pain in the a*se to get too. It either needs a clean or just replacing and the man at the garage charged me £80 to get to it and clean mine which he did in 3 hours. the car worked fine after. Hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to say mate it'l be your EGR Valve before I even read the whole of your post. Dont worry mate its a common problem on the sports. It happened to mine. The EGR valve is your Exhaust Recirculation Gas Valve and it basically helps some of the gas back round the system cuttin down on emmisions or something like that. A build up of carbon has occured and the carbon is either holding the valve open or closed meaning your engine cant run smoothly when gettin rid of waste. I had the same effects as you when drivin my car when this happened to me. I took it to a local garage and apparently its located down the back of the engine bay about half way down so you cant really reach it from the bottom or top without taking out other parts so it is a pain in the a*se to get too. It either needs a clean or just replacing and the man at the garage charged me £80 to get to it and clean mine which he did in 3 hours. the car worked fine after. Hope this helps mate.
thanks for your responce. Did you have the same problem with the car running crap until the engine management light came on?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yes mainly at slower speeds, I had to keep higher revs while I was at junctions and things, and as it got worse it would cut out at slow speeds. By "the car running crap" do you mean like it judders and kiind of vibrates dramatically yes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes mainly at slower speeds, I had to keep higher revs while I was at junctions and things, and as it got worse it would cut out at slow speeds. By "the car running crap" do you mean like it judders and kiind of vibrates dramatically yes?
thats exactly what i am experiencing. so do you say it is the EGR valve then?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ye mate, and if thats what came up on the diagnostic test then thats what it'l be. If you got about £80 mate just go an have it done at a local garage. They should have it done in a few hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts