All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Been having a few problems with my corsa. It's a 1.4 8v, L reg. The problem i'm having is, it'll start and run fine, but it occasionally just cuts out. There's no juttering or coughing. It just stops, and then it'll start fine again straight after :-s. It's been to a garage the other day to have a look at it, aswell as a light that kept popping on (the light was something to do with a speed sensor, which my car shouldn't even have.....so god knows why it's there?? any help on this either?) and they said it shouldn't cut out any more, but it does. They've had it up on the computer and couldn't find any faults. i thought it might be something to do with the immobiliser being faulty? it's one of the old ones that slots into the dash near the ignition. It also gets hot a little quick. a run into town and back and it will be around the 95 deg mark? checked oil and coolant levels and all is fine..... any help would be amazing lol
Cheers
Adz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? it hasn't cut out for a few days now, but it's overheating pretty quickly. maybe something to do with the radiator? my parents are thinking about selling it if we can't get it sorted soon. and i don't want to see it go lol. any help pleeeeease?
Adz

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The engine temp is around normal so I wouldn't worry too much about that. A friend of mine had a 1.2 8v an his used to cut out for no apparent reason. Turned out to be a faulty earth wire. Not too familiar with the 1.4 8v engines so cant really be any more help than that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ye my sri went like it... just make another earth going from the battery to the engine bay...
should solve it... but mine also used to cut out coz the crank postion sensor went... but u had it tested on the computer an tha would have come up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts