All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

This is my first post on the forums as id thought id get some views on what my problem is from fellow Vauxhall owners.

Anyway, I've recently had an engine swap in my 52 plate 1.2 corsa sxi (due to blown head gasket on previous) the new engine was purchased from a car transplant with 57k on the clock and with new timing chain fitted. I got the car back from the garage after the engine been fitted 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly, until a few days ago ive been noticing a slight rattling noise when first starting the engine cold in the morning. I had the same noise in my previous engine but that was a lot louder and was constant. where as this i can only assume is coming from the timing chain, the rattle is not deafening but at the same time its not quiet, after about 4-5 minutes the engine is quiet and the rattle is no more. Now this could just be me being paranoid and not taking into account that it is December and it is damn cold out there, but this chain is 2 weeks old and should not be rattling at this stage in its life.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? should i be worried? Is it just the cold?

·
Banned
49 Posts
Its very common with the 1.0lt and 1.2lt engines. Its hard to find one that doesnt do it lol. My sisters has rattled since the day she bought it 8 years ago with 22k on the clock. It now has 100k and is still rattling away. Hers does it on idle but as soon as the throttle is touched it stops rattling.

The do suffer with camchain tensioners failing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.