All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very keen on getting my engine stripped, cleaned and reconditioned. How much will it cost + labour & VAT approximately? Or, I might get a hefty loan & buy a brand spanking new engine from the Vauxhall dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i wudnt do a total recon of the engine cos the corsa just isnt worth it unless ur turnin it into a track car etc, also i wudnt go and get a loan for a brand new engine cos the new engines dont fit into the older cars without extra modifications done to the car and engine, cos i was thinkin abt transplanting my 2.0 litre lump from my S reg mark 4 astra to my corsa when i had it but the amount of work involved....lets say was off putting lol

if u were gonna get a loan for the engine u'd be better off buying a newer corsa...dsnt make sense to get a new engine for an old car

id do wat mmvcorsa129 suggested, save up and look for a younger engine, if u dnt want the 1400 variant u can always keep the 1200 and go for a better version, havin the same one with a lot fewer miles makes a hell of a difference in its self

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad suggested getting a re-manufactured 1.2 8v/16v lump. I want a better engine to last rather than perform better.
As regards to a new engine, I was thinking of getting a brand new engine of the one I have now. Would Vauxhall still make these? I reckon this would be a good purchase especially if the car was kept for a few more years to come! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
well i know there about £1500 for a c20 let 2.0 turbo. And you get £500 back for giving them your old 2.0 turbo engine. Dont know about the 1.2's though. Can only imagine it would be cheaper. But remember its just the bare engine which rarely goes wrong. Engine wont come with alternator, loom etc or anything.

Personally i think if it aint broke dont fix it. If your worried do a wee overhaul, timing belt, new plugs, leads, oil, filters and take out the lambda sensor and clean it etc etc.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i wud never trust engines off ebay. u only have their word to say that theyre not seazed up and that theyre reliable. and tht aint a lot when it comes to doin summat like an engine transplant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts