All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have decided to swap my 1.2 16v which as major problems with another 1.2 16v sxi engine, my corsa is a x reg and new engine as 30000 miles on it and from a 2002, will i have problems doing a straight swap concerning ecu, or do i have to swap anything from old engine, any help would be great, thanks:)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
It's from a different car.. It's not a standard swap

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
You need to find out engine codes as there are 3 possible variants in this thread. Your corsa b engine will be an x12xe, the 2002 i THINK will be a z12xe, but there is a possibility of it being a z12xep (the twinport variant, but i think these were more common on the later facelift models of the corsa c)

You need to find out though, as the older x12xe engine will be a throttle cable linkage, where as the newer z12xe and z12xep are electronic. If its a z12xe you can swap inlets i believe and that fixes that issue, but if its a z12xep you cant as the heads are a completely different design.

Find some details and get back to us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for reply, mine is a x12xe with cable, when i go to pick engine up tommorow where on the engine do i look to see if its a z12xe or p, chap as sold shell on so cant really look on that, cheers, rob

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Also the wiring is going to be competely different. And you might think, ok, i'll jsut use the corsa c's ecu and loom. which wont work, c's have a BCM aswell, a second ecu basically, the ecu is coded to that, it's also coded to the chips in the keys, and the dash clocks aswell.

I'd probably suggest just using an x12xe, they're cheaper and more common anyway, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers, engine im getting is a z12xe, if i change over throttle body that would sort that bit out, corsa b doesnt have a bcm but c does, what wires are different and if i dont use the bcm on new engine what would happen, thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spoke to chap who as the new engine and he said he as all the stuff off the car, so what do i need to get, clocks, main ecu, keys and ? cheers, rob

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
just the block and head. use your inlet and exhaust and wiring and ecu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers, so if i get the z12xe and swap over inlet and exhaust manifolds from my x12xe im good to go ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts