All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what the performance statistics for a corsa b with an engine swap would be i. e what horsepower and 0-60 times a transplanted car would have e.g c20xe = 150bhp= ??? secs 0-60

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The horsepower stays the same no matter what car it is in. The 0-60 would vary depending on the car it goes into.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BHP figures vary with gearing. The higher the road speed, the less the BHP at the wheels due to transmission loss.

EG 2nd gear 150 bhp @ 6,000 rpm at the crank, 135 bhp at the wheels, 5th gear 150bhp @ 6,000 at the crank, 100 bhp @ the wheels

Or so I was told.

A scooby turbo 2000 went on the rollers at the powerhouse rolling road centre in Cheltenham a couple of years ago and was supposed to be producing approx 220 bhp in standard form, at the wheels, it was measuring 110 bhp and the losses were down to the transmission and were measured on the redline in top gear. I saw the run and the printout and was surprised at what was lost.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think he realises that the horsepower stays the same lee no matter what car the engine goes into. I think he was just wondering in general what is the actual horsepower of a C20XE engine? I'd like to know aswel?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There is also torque to take into consideration aswell.

0-60 times wil vary depending on what car the engine is in, along with loads of other factors.
Top speeds are generally how far the gearing will take you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A scooby turbo 2000 went on the rollers at the powerhouse rolling road centre in Cheltenham a couple of years ago and was supposed to be producing approx 220 bhp in standard form, at the wheels, it was measuring 110 bhp and the losses were down to the transmission and were measured on the redline in top gear. I saw the run and the printout and was surprised at what was lost.
:eek: That sounds like it has a major boost leak to me! 50% loss at the tramsission is a hell of a lot, even for a 4wd car.

As a general rule of thumb, transmission losses go: FWD ~12-15%, RWD ~15-17%, 4wd ~17-22%. Parts like uprated clutches, lightened props and lightened flywheels will reduce the transmission loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts