All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi decided to swap my corsa b 1.2 engine over for direct replacmemt and need some advice please, can i lift engine/gearbox complete up out of car after ive disconnected everything also how do i disconnect gear linkage from gearbox before i lift, thanks in advance:thumbs_up:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Its easier to disconnect everything, then lift the car and take the engine out the bottom rather than out the top!

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
yeah, as stated above its easier to disconnect all the ancillaries and drop the engine onto something, i like to use a skateboard. the car needs lifting up about 4 feet to get the engine out from underneath so bare that in mind.
people have taken then engines out the top way but it is not easy. the 1.2 is small so may be easier than most.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im a bit restricted on space doing that way, council garage lol, more work but could i remove engine from top with gearbox in situ ie remove starter, bell housing bolts etc then lift block out, cheers:thumbs_up:

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
you could but you would be making a rod for your own back. you should have more than enough room to raise your car, unless you cant stand up in the garage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cheers, so if i disconnect everything as if im going to lift engine out, hook up my hoist to engine and remove mount bolts then lower enginge onto something, then hook up hoist to car then winch up car so i can pull engine out, does that sound right ?:thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sounds right to me. When I did mine we used a piece of board on the floor and dropped the engine onto that, then slid it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great thanks, just two things, gear linkage, do i remove it completely or only from gearbox and how and finaly were do you hook up car so it can be lifted, thanks for all the advice:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Drop engine on floor, then connect car to crane to lift car high enough, then pull engine out.

I recently (after scraping engine on floor previously) bought a dolly with wheel on the bottom, then engine goes in that and just rolls out :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Just undo the 13mm bolt that connects linkage to the car itself, then it will all be free

·
Registered
62 Posts
If its on a hoist use that to lift engine no need to drop it down lift car up thats the hard way. Hock hoist up disconect everything. Jack hoist up with engine and box atatched. then lift engine out threw top. then take box off while on hoist. and anything esle you need. replacment is the revirse mate no need to tolift car your doing the job twice and twice as hard i can have an engine out of a corsa everything off i need and back in. in less than 7 hours and thats taking my time.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
agreed, on the small engines out the tops the easy way

·
Banned
140 Posts
Removing engine

Removed loads of these engines and always left the gearbox in the car and lift the engine out through the top never had a problem.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Personal preference I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts