All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine blew on my corsa this week i was really peed off ive only had the car a month, anyway got another engine from the scrapers its the same engine a 1.4 8v the only difference i can see is the top of my engine is blank where the new engine has OHC on it, they are the same arnt they mine is a ls not sri.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Aww that's bad :( I got my cambelt changed the other week as my engine was starting to sound rough & the belt hadn't been changed since 1997! :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I wouldn't have thought they were different. Should just swap straight over. OHC stands fror overhead cam (8v).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one cheers, so i still have the 60bhp engine then, anyone know what the difference is between the 1.4 8v in ls models and the 1.4 8v in the sri models.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The engines will be exactly the same I believe. The SRi's just have a sportier suspension set up and sport interior. All 1.4 8v's have the same power output, as all 1.2 16v's have the same, and 1.6 16v's etc.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
but iv got a 1.4 8v an i carnt beat the 1.4 8v sri theres gota be some sort of differance or mines just may be heavier.:confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Being a 5 door it probably is a bit heavier, have you got bigger wheels too? If so that will decrease your acceleration a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts