All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Frank here,

Just a quick question hope some of you experts will have a solution.

When im driving on a flat or slight incline the yellow engine light comes on at around 40mph.

The car feels as though im taking my foot of the gas peddle and power is restricted, the light only goes out when i do infact remove my foot off the peddle and them powerup again.

Its frustraiting as hell especially when the paper lad peddles past on his bike.

I know i have to replace a section of the exhaust as i can hear it starting to blow a bit, but i dont think its this as down hill it fly's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am not very technical, but sure I had this problem in my last corsa and it turned out to be a number of things, including leads and plugs that used to be faulty (one of the leads used to pop itself off and the car would go down to 3 cylinders!) Maybe a good check around the engine bay would do no harm!

Sorry I cant be of more help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats going to be my next step but i thought i might find some answers here just in case its a regular thing

Cheers
Frank

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
what engines in the car? ive had this problem on a few 1200 16v's and it turned out after being told its a service issue that it was in fact the afm

d

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yeh chances are its the air meter. My car has done the same thing as what your describing twice now and both times a replacement air meter has solved the problem. Have you drilled your airbox or put an induction kit on the car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
engine light

Thanks Everine,

I will give the paperclip test a go and see how it goes, Hopefully its only the air meter.

I will let you all know.

Frank

Oh by the way its the 1200 16V.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks Everine,

I will give the paperclip test a go and see how it goes, Hopefully its only the air meter.

I will let you all know.

Frank

Oh by the way its the 1200 16V.
I would put my money on it being the air meter as its a very common fault on both the 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v. Think they even use the same part if i remember correctly?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks for that

What cost am i looking at for a replacement.

Frank
Varies greatly. From vauxhall you will be looking at around £150 mark however they can be picked up alot cheaper than that on ebay (I paid £28 delivered). Best thing to do before buying a new one is to take off the old one and check the part number so you know exactly which one to get although im almost certain its the same as the 1.0 which is the part number 0280 217 123. It is written on the back of the air meter.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that,

I have just tried to do the paperclip test however when i tried the option i had which was Fig 8 point 6 did not have a point in there so nothing happened any suggestions.

Frank :confused:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thanks for that,

I have just tried to do the paperclip test however when i tried the option i had which was Fig 8 point 6 did not have a point in there so nothing happened any suggestions.

Frank :confused:
Yes same was true for me. What year is your car? Mines a late 2000 X reg and so is one of the last B's made and the website states that cars around 2000 wont work with the test. Also i just checked and the Air meter is the same for the x10xe (1.0l 12v) and the x12xe (1.2l 16v) so i would suggest getting a replacement of ebay.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Mines a S reg so its befor 2000

Any suggestions:confused:
Hmm not sure then. Not really an expert on the paperclip test so maybe someone else can help here? Other option is to take it to a vauxhall dealer an have it put on the machine. As iv said before i would be highly suprised if it wasnt the afm.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ok say it is the AFM, where do i find it

On the picture the AFM is in the red circle. You need to unplug it at the top and simply remove the two connected tubes. Simple as that mate. This is the 1.0 12v engine but its in the exact same place on the 1.2 16v. Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts