All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a corsa B x reg 1200 16v.
I came home from work yesterday and parked up as normal. The car has been running great. No problems. Plenty of power.
I tried to start it this morning and it won't start.
All fuses are ok and the lights come on the dashboard.
The engine turns over but won't start. Any ideas why it has suddenly stopped working. There is plenty guff in the battery.:confused:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
How do you know there is plenty of life in the battery? Have you tried a bump start mate?

·
Registered
543 Posts
if it turns over fine then battery should be ok. try reseting the ECU by disconnecting the battry for a while. does the EML flash when you try starting it?

·
Registered
543 Posts
check electrical comnections underbonnet, including ht leads, injectors etc. spray a bit of WD40 if you have any but on on the ht leads when ignition is on as it will turn you into a kebab.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Surely if he has been trying to turn engine over all morning, even if he did find an obvious problem, battery would lack charge to start

·
Registered
83 Posts
Take a plug out and check if you are getting a spark at it first. If spark is ok, check that the engine is getting petrol. Also take the cap off the petrol tank in case it has developed an air lock.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mattyr,
I've turned the engine over and the orange light does flash.Everything seems ok under the bonnet.
The Eml Flashing is an Ecu fault. there is a chip inside your key a little black one,did your key recentally fall apart by any chance?

if so thats why it wont start its immobilized

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not looking to high-jack this thread but hopefully the info I have may help someone or help someone answer the questions.

This problem has just occurred on my girlfriends 1.2 b, she parked it up last night and then this morning it wouldn't start, it just turns over and over, the eml light flashes while cranking and I can hear a relay clicking quite abit from beside the glovebox.

I have done some investigation, battery is fine, the chip is in the key and according to my fault finding software the chip is being read by the receiver around the ignition barrel, but the immobiliser is still active and the fuel pump is inactive. So it sounds like an immobiliser fault to me (which is built into the ecu)

My next step is to try some replacement relays to rule them our and check as much of the connections and ecu contacts as possible.

Anyone else had a similar problem and solved it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts