All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps,

I'm new here, and I'm not exactly the car enthusiast but I need some advice :)

Last week I purchased a 2008 Black Corsa Life 1.0 12v. Its a really beautiful car, still under manufacturers warranty, 7,000 miles on the clock- runs like its new. My first car was an 03 Black Corsa 1.2, the old shape. I really loved it, it was nippy and light. I guess that was the reason for why I skidded on black ice and nearly killed myself a few months ago! Anyway, after that I bought an 05 Audi A2 Se, 1.4. Again, I fell in love with it after the test drive as obviously, Audi's are solid cars. It drove beautifully and was the fastest car ive ever had. However, I woke up one morning and looked at it and thought- that is possibly the ugliest car i've ever seen. I immediately sold it to my sister :)

So here I am now with my 08 Corsa and i'm in love with exterior and interior but the only problem is that its so damned SLOW! After the crash, I'm nervous at junctions, and having to get to 6,000 revs every time I want to pull out is not the way forward. I've a budget of 250 quid to try desperately to improve its performance and speed. I'd be delighted to hear any suggestions off you guys.

Thanks a lot fellas.

Chris

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You're not going to be able to do much for £250 TBH mate, even if you strip interior and get full exhaust system, the gains will be very very minimal. It was always going to be slow a car, especially after downgarding engine size...

Reactions: Illmatic

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I woke up one morning and looked at it and thought- that is possibly the ugliest car i've ever seen
:laugh:

on the performance front... unfortunatly there is nothing that will actually do anything noticable for that sort of budget your best off putting it in savings untill you buy a faster car or a bigger engine.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
250 wont get you very far as far as engine mods are concerned, suppose your could get a dbilas air intake system and remap and that should about be 250.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts