Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Whats an eps column?

Moved to the right section.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an eps column is elecric power steering which i think the corsa b year 2000 onwards has instead ov fluid power steering

cheers guys

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not sure then, I wasn't even aware such a thing existed. Do now though lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not heard of it either, Corsa b production ceased in 2000, then it was the corsa C

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know the corsa b stoped in 2000 but the column started from the 2000 corsa b and went onto the corsa c, and its also on the corsa d, astra h. I could be wrong maybe the column started sooner but only on the 1.2 12/16v oh and the 3 cylinder 1.0

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If it's from a later spec b then I can't see there been too much hassle fitting it to an earlier model. Unless it involves the ecu.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aparantly it just needs to know the speed of the vehicle so it can determain how much assistance the driver needs at differant speeds, so i was told anyway

cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Late reply but hey! I thought it was only Corsa C. Mine has it, SXi 2001 but to be honest I dont like it. You can feel it adjusting resistance as you get faster and its the second EPS (Electronic power steering) unit I have had because it keeps failing!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
its comes on the late spec 1200 16v's 1.0 3 cylinders and seems to show up on other late models, its possible to fit it to a non eps car but you would really need the whole rack and have to make space to fit in the motor and extra wiring etc, it seems to be a better option then the citreon/pug electric pump but a bit more hassle to get fitted but it has been done alot of kit car builders also fit it and theres one guy on ebay that builds a eco control unit for it so that it can go on any car

d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts