All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I ran a test yesterday on my Corsa D SXi 1.2 16v and got these error codes back. The engine light has been on for a few weeks which I was told was my o2 lambda sensor but it initially didn't cause any noticable issues when driving. However, my car now has a juddery idle and lack of power when in the lower revs as well as a rich exhaust smell. Is this my sensor 1 due to the P0135 and the p0141. It is causing a missfire I take it due to the o2 sensor. Can the o2 sensor post-cat cause missfires etc? Need advise! Anything is extremely helpful thank you!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there interesting, the first code i dont know but the other two are to do with heater circuits on lambda sensors, now the heating circuit has nothing to do with the running, only in the fact it might go onto limp home and run a bit rich..because it is enough to put the MIL light on...

Ii think you might have to change both the sensors....there are tests you can do, but its most likely the sensors, if the front sensor its self goes open circuit the car will run rich and eventually choke up and misfire...the rear sensor has nothing to do with the running, it just monitors the efficiency of the CAT itself...from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fred,

Great reply and thank you very much. I'm going to go ahead and change the front sensor as you say the rear one has nothing to do with the running of the car.

Thanks and I will repost once I have solved the issue.

Alex

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Ok Alex, the floor in the plan is if you dont change the rear one as well the light will stay on and it will likely go onto limp home, it should run ok like that but never as good as on the main system....if the light stays on i would change the back one as well...might also be worth checking the fuse if there is one for the lambda sensor heating elements....Fred.

Hi Fred,

Great reply and thank you very much. I'm going to go ahead and change the front sensor as you say the rear one has nothing to do with the running of the car.

Thanks and I will repost once I have solved the issue.

Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts