All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, as I am coming up to my first test in a few weeks time I decided to see how much it was going to cost me to insure my car as the main driver as at the moment I'm only named as I am on my provisional. I went to Compare The Market and the average for my car was about £2,500 Third Party F+T, is this excessive or not? I will give you a few stats about the car...

1997 1.2l 8v Corsa Vegas - Bought for £200
Alloys fitted - £360
GSI boot spoiler (soon to be fitted)

The cheapest I have now found is £2,240 Third Party F+T with Tesco (Who I am currently with on my Provisional), but even though i am 17, this still seems remarkably high to me for what the car is. Is it high or am I just being naive? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
i used gocompare, and i pay 1800 Fully comp, fair enough i dont have extra alloys on top of it but go compare is quite good :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used gocompare, and i pay 1800 Fully comp, fair enough i dont have extra alloys on top of it but go compare is quite good :)
Cheers for the help, can I ask who you are with? I have just done a Go Compare search (Reluctantly as I swore I would never use them because of their stupid adverts) and I have found one for £1,940 but it is Quinn Direct and I have heard bad things about them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cheers for the help, can I ask who you are with? I have just done a Go Compare search (Reluctantly as I swore I would never use them because of their stupid adverts) and I have found one for £1,940 but it is Quinn Direct and I have heard bad things about them.

i am infact with quinn.

i have had no problems with them.
but i too heard bad things about them, they seem fine to me.

must just be a hit and miss kinda thing, either you are lucky with quinn or your not :p
haha

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I insured the same car as you mate but as a 1.4 all mods declared alloys lowered bumpers etc etc 1200 at age of 20

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
that would be why young and no claims = they will sting you! im 2 years older held licence year and half paying around 1.3k mark
YOu getting ripped aswell then :S

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bud go to https://www.greeninsurancecompany.co.uk/ and see what you get, I'm 19 had my licence since may, and I'm £1350ish on a 1.5 TD 1996 Corsa GLS.
Haha, that really didn't work, I don't think they like modifications as my quote from them just came back to me as, and wait for it...

£10,687

I think not somehow :p But cheers for the help anyway.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Haha, that really didn't work, I don't think they like modifications as my quote from them just came back to me as, and wait for it...

£10,687

I think not somehow :p But cheers for the help anyway.

whats wrong with that quote :p
seems a fair deal to me :)
ahaha

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whats wrong with that quote :p
seems a fair deal to me :)
ahaha
Haha, if I had 10 grand I wouldn't be spending it on insurance :p thanks for all the help guys but with your advice and looking around everywhere it looks like I'm just going to have to with Tesco as the cheapest! So that looks like I'm looking for a new job to get that money... Yay :mad:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Haha, if I had 10 grand I wouldn't be spending it on insurance :p thanks for all the help guys but with your advice and looking around everywhere it looks like I'm just going to have to with Tesco as the cheapest! So that looks like I'm looking for a new job to get that money... Yay :mad:

direct line, churchiill, quin direct , adrian flux

with your car only worth £200, then try Fully Comp insurance quotes too, you might find its cheaper than what just Third Party is because the car is worth so little and it won't cost your insurance as much to get parts replaced or what not if you crash etc . .

Im with NFU mutal, 17yr old male, on my parents policy with all their veichles but im still the main driver on my car, £950 Third Party, 3points declared, parents as named drivers

edit - oh and mines a 1.2 8valve 1998reg

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine was at 17 year old for a 1.2 8v 98 corsa. £1450. Fully comp. Churchill.
Thanks for the help, just went on to Churchil and got a quote for £1900 Fully Comp but i then went into a chat window with a consultant and apparently they wont cover anyone with modifcations (Even just alloys) until they are 25 so my quote was void.

·
Swiss Rimmer!
632 Posts
Thanks for the help, just went on to Churchil and got a quote for £1900 Fully Comp but i then went into a chat window with a consultant and apparently they wont cover anyone with modifcations (Even just alloys) until they are 25 so my quote was void.

Have you not seen my car?

I've done a few things to it, including alloys.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you not seen my car?

I've done a few things to it, including alloys.
Have you declared them to the insurance company? And if you did, did you when you started the policy?

·
Swiss Rimmer!
632 Posts
Have you declared them to the insurance company? And if you did, did you when you started the policy?

Well like you said dan, they won't insure anyone under 25 with mods.. therefore if i have declared them they wouldn't let me anyway. So to avoid being hit by the ban stick.. I'll let you figure out how i've got insurance with alloys and im only 18.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well like you said dan, they won't insure anyone under 25 with mods.. therefore if i have declared them they wouldn't let me anyway. So to avoid being hit by the ban stick.. I'll let you figure out how i've got insurance with alloys and im only 18.
Hmm, I think I will just go for an insurance company that covers me for mods because I'm bound to prang my car and I can't be bothered with the hassle of the insurance not paying out. So if anyone has anymore companies for me to try, please let me know. I'm going to try NFU Mutal next week because there is no online form and instant quote system.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts