All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just joined allcorsa and this is my first post. I am going to be replacing air filter and fitting new exhaust and have 2 questions.

1) for the air filter i just want to put in a new performance panel filter as I only have a 1.2 8v corsa b so an induction kit ain't gonna do much for it. The panel filters I've been looking at are K&N and pipercross. which would you recommend or are there better?

2) i am looking to get a twin exhaust and have been looking at peco, janspeed and ST racing. I don't want a loud chavish noise exhaust like rage or anything just a nice rumble. Which makes would you recommend and which should i stay clear of? I have a budget of about £120.

Thanks for your help in advance guys

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
First off :welcome: .

1) I've not had any experience with pipercross panel filters but I do have a k&n panel filter on my corsa and I do really like it. They both basically do the same thing but k&n's are a cotton type filter and pipercross are foam.
Personally I'd say get whatever is the cheapest.

2) As long as you stick with a decent exhaust manufacturer you won't end up with a rubbish sounding exhaust. With your car being a 1.2 8v it won't be too loud anyway, just so long as you don't get a rage or similar one.
Scorpion do a nice square twin backbox but I'm not sure on the price.
I'd recommend searching ebay as you may be able to pick up a good 2nd hand exhaust on the cheap, they also sell new exhausts fairly cheap.

·
Registered
801 Posts
:welcome:

A panel filter is the way to go! You obviously have your head screwed on properly. I've never used a K&N or pipercross I have a courtney sport one which is foam, but comes with a handy aerosol spray.

As for exhausts, Ebay is a good idea, but to save time / hassle / more buy an exhaust that is straight fit onto a corsa - Not one of these universal jobs where you have to weld bits together and get different size bits of piping.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah Stuart's right with the straight fit exhausts.
If you get one for a Corsa (which is probably what you was going to do anyway), it can be fitted in less than 10mins. Providing your old one comes off easy enough.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys guys. Yea was definately gonna get a direct fit exhaust rather than universal to save buying all these pipe reducers and stuff. Have been looking on ebay and seen a few so will keep a look out over the next couple of weeks and hopefully pick one up. Man i love this forum so much better than corsa crazy. i have posted on there a couple of times and it can be days b4 you get a reply - thanks again for the replies

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No worries. That's the whole reason we set this one up, we was fed up of CC not being looked after.
You will also find the members on here are a lot more friendly and welcoming.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
lol, just good?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep, consider it done.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was going to get a k&n panel filter originally, but i managed to get my 57i for next to nothing at work. i suppose that the k&n wire mesh filters should be easier to clean than the foam ones, quick squirt over with brake cleaner and rinse the gunk out, then a squirt over with wd40 and its good for a few more services.
when i was hunting for them, panel filters seemed to be fairly hard to find for the 8v, because of that hot-air inlet valve in the airbox, so the 16v ones wouldnt fit right. i know k&n do one for the 8v, but its a bit of a search, i think i was on their direct website, hovering over the order button as i checked the bank statements lol!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah I have to agree, the k&n's are really easy to clean and maintain.
I usually leave it for around 10,000 miles before I clean it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i think i'm gonna go with a K&N panel filter even though there a couple of pound extra than a pipercross, just heard better things about K&N.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey ive just joined and i have the same problem as you! i also have a 1.2 8v corsa b. which one you go for and how is it?
this is a really old thread now :laugh:

Anyway i went for a Magnex oval backbox and haven't done filter yet but planning to get a K&N panel filter.

Make a new thread mate in the welcome section and introduce yourself and post some pics of your car :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly what I was thinking, before you got given your mod stick geebs :laugh:
My very first post :D

"wipes a tear away" :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts