All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mrs's corsa B 1.2 on a S plate exhaust is blowing from centre box. Need to replace it, Shall I just get a cat back? She would like a slightly bigger tailpipe but doesnt really care as long as I can fix it cheap (women hey). Any advice on anything cheap? Do I have to replace whole of cat back bar the backbox? (unless she wants a big tail pipe)

What other exhaust will fit? Is the 1.4 the same, the 1.0? Does the corsa C exhaust fit?

Cheers

Sheldon

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
depends when you start takin it to pieces the exhaust might be rusted and the whole thing mite need replacing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She doesnt want loud, just a bigger tail pipe. shes quite happy with that for £30. I know its just silencer so will keep same back box, but shes a cheap skate.lol

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i see, halfords sell them tailpipes your talking about. not as cheap as you think though. around £30

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think my exhaust is blowing aswel but not so sure as my back box is really loud. What symptoms are there and how can i tell which bit is blowing?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think my exhaust is blowing aswel but not so sure as my back box is really loud. What symptoms are there and how can i tell which bit is blowing?
get someone to give it a few revs and you check underneath the car to see any gas spraying out or run your hand under the exhaust system

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Get someone to put a rag over the end of the tailpipe and get underneath the car. You'll hear where it's coming from. It might be a tiny gash somewhere. Look all over the backbox & down the tailpipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts